He was this close! Justin Bieber‘s Never Say Never lost out to Adam Sandler‘s Just Go With It by about $700,000 in ticket sales. Gnomeo and Juliet more than doubled projections to take $25.5 million and third place.
While Channing Tatum‘s The Eagle came in at the number four spot with $8.4 million.
Justin Bieber, seen here having some fun with photographer Terry Richardson, may still win the weekend. We’ll see if these numbers hold when final figures are released later today.
Check out the top ten films of the week after the jump.
1. Just Go With It, $31 million
2. Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, $30.3 million
3. Gnomeo & Juliet, $25.5 million
4. The Eagle, $8.6 million
5. The Roommate, $8.4 million
6. The King’s Speech, $7.4 million
7. No Strings Attached, $5.6 million
8. Sanctum, $5.1 million
9. True Grit, $3.8 million
10. The Green Hornet, $3.6 million