If you thought that Queen Elizabeth celebrated her 60 years on the throne with a concert, boat ride and church service, then you were sorely mistaken.
The Daily Mail got ahold of some real fancy items gifted to the monarch, from the Amir of Kuwait to a member of the British public. And brosef, are some of these presents worth a shilling or two.
In no particular order, may I present the ten coolest gifts Her Majesty received this year:
1) A box set of gold, silver and broze Olympic medals from Jacques Rogge, President of the International Olympic Committee.
2) 60 pieces of onyx and ancient Yemeni silver jewelry from the President of Yemen.
3) a 1950s Tiffany & Co. silver compact from President and Mrs. Obama.
4) A baby llama!! Fear not. The young whipper snapper isn’t running round the grounds of the palace. Instead, it’s living the life at a local zoo.
5) Precious stones from the President of Namibia.
6) Diamond and platinum brooch from the British Jewelers’ Association.
7) A necklace, earrings, ring and bangle from the Amir of Kuwait (one can always due with additions to one’s personal collection).
8) Knitted tea cosy of the Queen with her beloved corgis.
9) Original Nicholas Nickleby posters from Greg Dyke at the British Film Institute.
10) Dog bed in the shape of a crown from Tuffles Dog Beds (awwww).
Oh, and how can we forget the renaming of an area in British Antarctica, which was changed to Queen Elizabeth Land.