The singer-songwriter has racked up more than 64 million followers on the social media platform, but while she still has a big audience for her own posts it seems she’s no longer interested in seeing anyone else’s.
Eilish did previously say she’d be willing to drop a few of the people she was following, though the complete mass delete was unexpected.
People on Twitter say the saga began when people started calling her out for following abusers and people suspected of assault, like Justin Bieber, who was recently accused of sexual assault.
Eilish took the advice of her fans and unfollowed Bieber and Chris Brown, according to Twitter users.
In a post shared on her to Instagram stories, before the unfollowing spree, the 18-year-old addressed her followers and vowed to support those who had been abused.
The post read:
“If I am following your abuser, DM me and I will unfollow them. I will support you.”
A short while later, Eilish deleted the post and apparently then removed everyone she was following from her feed, including her brother, Finneas.
Twitter had opinions about this:
Eilish is yet to publicly confirm her reasons for unfollowing everyone. She doesn’t really have to.
MORE CELEBRITY NEWS
- Meet Instagram Hottie Levi Mack
- Lea Michele Deletes Her Twitter Account Amid Trolling Following Naya Rivera’s Disappearance
- SL Recommends: PetLibro Automatic Pet Feeder, The Beast Tumbler, elago R1 Intelli Apple TV Siri Remote Case and More!
- The Week in Drag – Snatch Game Reactions, Willam and Heidi N Closet Go to the Dogs, Queens Coming to a Drive-In Near You and More
- Naya Rivera’s Family’s and Ryan Dorsey’s Emotional Visit to Lake Piru, Heather Morris Offers to Help Search
- Nyle DiMarco, Brooks Laich, Shawn Mendes and More Insta Snaps
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ Well, hello! Pro tennis player Milos Drakulic is naked! [OMG BLOG]
★ After calling in to Fox News host Sean Hannity’s show on Thursday night, President Donald Trump said doctors were “very surprised” when he recently passed a cognitive test. [Towleroad]
★ Take a look inside Natasha Bedingfield‘s $2.25 million home. It could be yours! [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ That time Virginia Wade dethroned Chris Evert at Wimbledon. [Kenneth in the 212]
★ 30 Years Ago Today, Princess Diana Got Gussied Up For the Premiere of….Back to the Future III, because a premiere is a premiere. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ Times are tough for everyone. Robert DeNiro cut his ex-wife’s AmEx allowance from $100K to $50K a month. [Celebitchy]
★ Roger models some briefs for Walking Jack undies. [Boy Culture]