Tom Holland’s Spider-Man got close to leaving the Marvel Cinematic Universe over the summer when word got out that Disney and Sony were failing to come to terms on a new agreement to share the character.
Holland proved to be an instrumental figure in bringing the two studios together to find common ground. During the actor’s December 4 appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!.
“We were at D23 and the news came out and I was obviously devastated,” Holland remembered.
“It was awful. I asked if I could get Bob Iger’s email because I just wanted to say, ‘Thank you, this has been an amazing five years of my life. Thank you for changing my life in the best way and I hope that we can work together in the future.’ I got his email and I sent him the email and he responded very quickly saying he’d want to jump on the phone and asked when I was free.”
Holland continued, “So, two, three days go by and then my family and I went to the pub quiz in our local town. We’re doing a quiz and I’m three pints in, haven’t eaten much, and I get a phone call from an unknown number and I have a feeling. I’m like, ‘I think this is Bob Iger but I’m drunk.'”
A drunken Holland picked up the phone and “wept” to Iger over the possibility of his Spider-Man character being removed from the MCU because of the studios’ disagreement.
“I was really emotional because I felt like it was all coming to an end,” Holland said.
Read more at IndieWire.com.
- Quote of the day: Ian Somerhalder discusses learning about sex as a teenager by spying on his brother! [OMG BLOG]
- Hillary Clinton tells Howard Stern she’s not a lesbian: “Contrary to what you might hear, I actually like men” [Towleroad]
- Willie Nelson has quit smoking weed [Evil Beet Gossip]
- What on earth is Kim Kardashian wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Prince Charles “read the riot act” to Prince Andrew, during a lunch with Prince Philip [Celebitchy]
- Chris Evans needs one of these sweaters. From the people who brought you HOCKEY-BUTT dress pants. [Kenneth in the 212]
- Ricky Martin shows off his pinga. [Boy Culture]
- LISTEN TO THIS: JoJo is back with “Sabotage!” [OMG BLOG]
- Jessica Biel trusts that husband Justin Timberlake didn’t cheat: “She will stand by him,” [People]
CELEB SNAPS: Katie Holmes, Brad Goreski, Karlie Kloss
Celebrities checked out the festive holiday Amazon Fashion and Amazon Home offerings at the exclusive opening of the Amazon x Refinery29 Deck & Dazzled Holiday Pop-Up Shop in Soho.
BEST CELEBRITY RED CARPET PHOTO OF THE DAY: Helen Mirren
BEST REAL HOUSEWIVES INSTAGRAM PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Dorinda Medley
BEST VIDEO OF A CELEBRITY DRINKING MILK DIRECTLY FROM A GOAT OF THE DAY: Armie Hammer
BEST CELEBRITY ENGAGEMENT OF THE DAY: Emma Stone and David McCary
DISCLAIMER: We only feature things that we love. If you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.