This case draws him into an even grislier crime.
Pullman returns to reprise his role as Detective Harry Ambrose. Alongside Pullman, new series regular Bomer is set to play Jamie, an upstanding Dorchester resident and expectant father who looks to Ambrose for support in the wake of an accident.
The Sinner’s third installment follows Detective Harry Ambrose (Pullman) as he begins a routine investigation of a tragic car accident on the outskirts of Dorchester, in upstate New York.
Ambrose uncovers a hidden crime that pulls him into the most dangerous and disturbing case of his career.
Bomer tweeted about the exciting news:
Words can’t really explain the excitement I feel getting to be a part of a show that I’m such a fan of, not to mention working with this incredible cast. Also: it’s really nice to be coming home to @USA_Network – can’t wait!
Season 1 of The Sinner was the top new cable show of 2017 and earned Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for Jessica Biel as well as a limited series Globe nomination.
Last summer’s Season 2, which set Carrie Coon opposite Pullman as the leader of a mysterious spiritual community with a dark secret, didn’t get as much attention, but performed well enough for USA to give the anthology series a third season.
Bomer can currently be seen (but mostly heard) in DC Universe’s superhero series Doom Patrol.
A Wet Matt Bomer
- Britney Spears ‘flattered’ by world’s concern with her life
- James Norton: Sex scenes can cause trauma for actors
- Dolly Parton ice cream selling on eBay for $1000 per pint
- Regé-Jean Page reportedly quit Bridgerton due to creative differences with Shonda Rhimes
- Brad Pitt, Zendaya, Reese Witherspoon, and more to be Oscars 2021 presenters
- Macaulay Culkin and Brenda Song welcome first child