Surprise! Sia Adopted Two Teenage Boys Last Summer
Pop star Sia Furler has confirmed reports she’s a mum to two teenagers.
The “Chandelier” singer adopted the two boys, who are now both 19, last year (19), just before they aged out of the foster-care system.
The notoriously private musician has opened up in a rare interview about her personal life, confirming she adopted two sons last year.
“They were 18, they’re both 19-years-old now. They were ageing out of the foster care system and yeah, I love them,” Sia said.
Sia has previously spoken of wanting to adopt and her love for children, revealing in an interview with GQ earlier this year that she had adopted “a son,” but did not mention two.
In a now-infamous quote about her sexual attraction to the uber-famous DJ Diplo, Sia said “I wrote him a text, and I said ‘Hey, listen, you’re like one of five people that I’m sexually attracted to, and now that I’ve decided to be single for the rest of my life and I just adopted a son, I don’t have time for a relationship…If you’re interested in some no-strings sex, then hit me up’.”
It is not known if one of her sons is Dasani from the HBO documentary Foster, who she previously expressed an interest in taking in.
In May of 2019, Sia used her Twitter platform to reach out to the 16-year-old, telling him that she was looking at getting her fostering license.
“Hey, Dasani from ‘Foster’ on @HBO! I’d like to adopt you, we’re just trying to find you and get my house check done etc,” she shared.
“But I want you to know you will have a home with me.”
MORE CELEBRITY NEWS
- Jewel alleges mother Lenedra Carroll ’embezzled’ more than $100 million from her: ‘A complex issue’
- Ivo Buchta: Male Model Spotlight
- Gisele Bundchen addresses ‘hurtful’ speculation about Tom Brady divorce
- Scheana Shay attending Vanderpump Rules reunion IN PERSON despite Raquel Leviss’ restraining order
- Zachary Levi hints that Dwayne Johnson blocked Shazam! Fury of the Gods cameos
- Gwyneth Paltrow accused of having ‘conscious disregard for people’ on first day of ski crash trial
- Nick Lachey Ordered To Attend Anger Management Classes & AA Meetings After Aggressively Approaching Photographer
- Aaron Taylor Johnson, Ryan Faucett, Polo Morin, Colton Underwood, and more Insta Snaps