After a whirlwind romance in Monte Carlo with handsome widower Maxim de Winter (Hammer), a newly married young woman (James) arrives at Manderley, her new husband’s imposing family estate on a windswept English coast. Naive and inexperienced, she begins to settle into the trappings of her new life, but finds herself battling the shadow of Maxim’s first wife, the elegant and urbane Rebecca, whose haunting legacy is kept alive by Manderley’s sinister housekeeper Mrs. Danvers (Kristin Scott Thomas).
“She was the love of his life,” Mrs. Danvers tells the second Mrs. de Winter in the trailer. “I wonder what she would think of you — taking her husband, using her name.”
Directed by Ben Wheatley (High Rise, Free Fire) and produced by Eric Fellner, Tim Bevan and Nira Park of Working Title Films (Emma, Darkest Hour), Rebecca features a screenplay by Jane Goldman and Joe Shrapnel & Anna Waterhouse.
Though the film covers multiple genres, Wheatley described Rebecca as a love story, first and foremost.
Rebecca arrives on Netflix on October 21. You can watch the official trailer below.
- Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas break up after less than one year of dating
- Armie Hammer confirms that the private Instagram account is his, apologizes for Miss Cayman post
- Garrett Clayton goes for a shirtless run — SL Photo Flashback
- Caitlyn Jenner rumored for Sex and the City cameo role and more headlines
- Matt Damon joins the cast of Thor: Love and Thunder
- Male Model Monday: Aleksandar Rusić, Addis Miller, Jorge Diaz, and more