Now Reading
CBS denies Sharon Osbourne $10 million payout from The Talk

CBS denies Sharon Osbourne $10 million payout from The Talk

Sharon Osbourne 71st Emmy Awards - Arrivals

It was rumored that Sharon Osbourne got a payday of up to eight figures from CBS as she exited The Talk last week amid allegations of racist behavior, a source told Page Six.

“Sharon is walking away with a $5 to $10 million minimum payout and was able to spin that it was her decision [to leave the show],” the source said.

Another source, meanwhile, added that the wife of Ozzy Osbourne would be speaking out about her exit “when she is ready.” The informant continued, “She has been on that show for 11 years and knows all the secrets.”

Well, not so fast. CBS, however, has denied the claims. “False, inaccurate or untrue. Take your pick,” a CBS spokesperson said.

Sharon Osbourne 19th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party - Red Carpet
Sharon Osbourne arrives at the 19th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party at the Pacific Design Center on February 27, 2011 in West Hollywood, California. (Photo by Getty Images)

The network announced Sharon’s departure in a statement which was released on Friday, March 26, two weeks after the 68-year-old British was involved in a heated argument about race with black co-host Sheryl Underwood. “Sharon Osbourne has decided to leave The Talk. The events of the March 10 broadcast were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home,” the statement read.

“As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behavior toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace,” the statement continued.

Sharon Osbourne - Selfridges Book Signing
Sharon Osbourne signs copies of her new book ‘Revenge’ at Selfridges on March 4, 2010 in London, England. (Photo by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images)

CBS also denied Sharon’s claims that she was “blindsided” by producers over the confrontation in the episode. “We also did not find any evidence that CBS executives orchestrated the discussion or blindsided any of the hosts,” the statement also read. “At the same time, we acknowledge the Network and Studio teams, as well as the showrunners, are accountable for what happened during that broadcast as it was clear the co-hosts were not properly prepared by the staff for a complex and sensitive discussion involving race.”

“During this week’s hiatus, we are coordinating workshops, listening sessions and training about equity, inclusion and cultural awareness for the hosts, producers and crew. Going forward, we are identifying plans to enhance the producing staff and producing procedures to better serve the hosts, the production and, ultimately, our viewers,” the statement concluded.


Support Socialite Life when you shop on Amazon using this link or when you click any of our affiliate links. You won’t have to go to the store, and we’ll receive a little commission.

Copyright ©2021, MJP Content Labs, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Scroll To Top