According to TechCrunch, Instagram will broaden a test it has been running in other countries to U.S. users. In this test, the number of “Likes” that a particular message receives is hidden from everyone except for the creator of the post.
Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri revealed this at the Wired25 conference in San Francisco on Friday. Mosseri said that the idea is to make the platform less competitive, producing a lower amount of anxiety for members.
The executive said, “The idea is to try to depressurize Instagram, make it less of a competition, and give people more space to focus on connecting with the people they love and things that inspire them.”
Such a change could ease the pressure to win approval with images, videos or comments and, instead, get people to simply focus on what is in the posts.
The move is part of Instagram’s attempt to keep from turning into another Twitter where members are routinely attacked for their political and religious beliefs.
The hiding of “Likes” started in Canada back in April and hit Ireland, Italy, Japan, Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand two months later.
Instagram parent Facebook started a similar test in Australia during September.
NEW IN THE SL SHOP
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones— Wireless, Over Ear Headphones with Built in Microphone…Sale Product on sale
- Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar Works with 4K and HD TVs Wireless Subwoofer Includes HDMI and Optical Cables…Sale Product on sale
- Vega Protein and Greens Vanilla (26 Servings, 26.8 Ounce) – Vegan Plant Based Protein Powder Shake, Gluten Free, Non…Sale Product on sale
- Amazon Basics Neoprene Coated Dumbbell Hand Weight Set$39.99
- Casper Sleep Element Mattress, King$795.00
- 2 Pack Microwave Splatter Cover, Transparent Cover, Microwave Plate Cover Lid with Handle and Adjustable Steam Vents…
- Adaptive Sound Technologies Sound+Sleep SE Special Edition High Fidelity Sleep Sound Machine with Real Non-Looping…$103.32
- Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud + Cooling ProHi Pillow, Memory Foam, Queen, blueSale Product on sale
- All-new Echo Show 8 (2nd Gen, 2021 release) | HD smart display with Alexa and 13 MP camera | Charcoal$129.99
- Keurig K-Slim Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, 8 to 12 oz. Brew Sizes, BlackSale Product on sale
- 2021 Apple iMac (24-inch, Apple M1 chip with 8‑core CPU and 8‑core GPU, 8GB RAM, 512GB) – Blue$1,699.99
- Cuisinel Cast Iron Skillet Set – 4-Piece Chef Pan – 6″ + 8″ + 10″ + 12″-Inch + 4 Heat-Resistant Handle Holders – Pre-seasoned Oven Safe Cookware – Indoor/Outdoor Use – Grill, Stovetop, Induction Safe
DISCLAIMER: We only feature things that we love. If you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.