Saturday Night Live is set to return to television on October 3, 2020, with new episodes filmed in front of a limited New York audience and Jim Carrey will be joining as a guest star to portray presidential nominee Joe Biden for season 46.
In an interview with Vulture, creator and executive producer Lorne Michaels revealed that and more in a Vulture interview, confirming as well that Maya Rudolph and Alec Baldwin will reprise their roles as Kamala Harris and Donald Trump, respectively.
The plan is to release five consecutive new shows leading up to the 2020 presidential election.
“There was some interest on his part,” Michaels said of Carrey. “And then we responded, obviously, positively. But it came down to discussions about what the take was. He and Colin Jost had a bunch of talks. He and I as well. He will give the part energy and strength, and … Hopefully it’s funny.”
Lauren Holt, Punkie Johnson, and Andrew Dismukes will join the cast this season as featured players, with Anna Drezen promoted to head writer.
As of yet, no hosts for Season 46 have yet been announced.
- Adam Lambert, Brian Austin Green, Jake Bain, and More Insta Snaps
- Demi Moore to Star in Dirty Diana, Black Widow Postponed, Kim Kardashian Has a Kanye West Exit Plan, Sharon Stone As Samantha on SATC, and More
- Emma Stone and Dave McCary Are Reportedly Married
- Author Emma Isaacs Talks About the Value of ‘Winging It’ and Answers the Socialite Seven
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Urge Americans to ‘Reject Hate Speech’ and to Vote — WATCH
- Chace Crawford Could Have Been a Chippendales Dancer
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ Mariah Carey announces Thanksgiving is canceled. [OMG BLOG]
★ Nearly 400 whales are dead in one of the world’s worst beaching tragedies. [Towleroad]
★ Ellen sees highest premiere ratings since 2016. [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Bumble Bee responds to Trump’s claim about protesters throwing cans of their tuna during protests. [Curt and Frank]
★ Enjoy this Tommy Paul quick-change! [Kenneth in the 212]
★ Katie Holmes really, really, really loves denim. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ Queen Latifah is hosting a benefit for Black and Latinx communities affected by the pandemic. [Celebitchy]
★ Hankison indicted… but not for killing Breonna Taylor; no other cops indicted. [Boy Culture]