Olsen really can’t wait to get divorced – the actress and fashion designer immediately submitted her application after New York courts re-opened today (May 26, 2020), after being closed to non-emergency cases due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
She initially tried to file a petition to divorce her husband on Apr 17, alleging that the half-brother of former French President Nicolas Sarkozy was kicking her out of their New York house during the pandemic, reported Page Six.
“It was clear my marriage was over … the relationship has broken down irretrievably,” read court documents, which were obtained by Page Six.
Olsen tried requesting an emergency divorce petition, saying “my husband has terminated the lease on our New York City residence … without my consent.” The emergency petition was denied by a judge.
Olsen requested to be allowed to stay until May 30 after being asked to move out by May 18, but claims that Sarkozy has not responded to it.
The couple reportedly had many disagreements in their marriage, including whether they wanted children. Sarkozy, who has two grown children from his previous marriage with writer Charlotte Bernard, did not; Olsen did.
The couple began dating in 2012 and tied the knot in 2015, with Olsen becoming a stepmom to Sarkozy’s two children from his previous marriage.
NEW IN THE SL SHOP
- Himal Collapsible Portable Corn Hole Boards With 8 Cornhole Bean Bags (3 x 2-feet)$42.99
- Jabra Elite Active 65t Earbuds – True Wireless Earbuds with Charging Case, Copper Black – Bluetooth Earbuds with a Secure Fit and Superior Sound, Long Battery Life and More$139.99
- Infrared Thermometer for Adults,Forehead and Ear Thermometer for Fever, Babies, Children, Adults, Indoor and Outdoor Use$54.99
- Blendtec Classic Fit Blender with FourSide Jar (75 oz), 30-sec Pre-programmed cycle, High-Low Pulse, Professional-Grade Power, Black$229.45
- Brian Austin Green Is Disappointed That Courtney Stodden Shared Hot Tub Video
- Adam Lambert, Antoni Porowski, Jwan Yosef and More Insta Snaps
- Lea Michele and Her Baby Bump Make a Return to Instagram
- Let’s Kiki About ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 5’ – ‘Snatch Game of Love’
- The Friday Cocktail — Tito’s Red, White and Boozy
- Prince Royce Reveals Surprise Coronavirus Diagnosis
- Dean Cain Called Out For Being Completely Wrong About Superman
- Penn Badgley Was Quite Into the Hallucinogenic Drugs in His 20s
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ Looking for a new home? Well, the Towson house from John Waters‘ Serial Mom is up for sale! [OMG BLOG]
★ A Miami-Dade police officer has been “relieved of duty” after a viral video showed him sucker-punching a black woman following a dispute at the airport. [Towleroad]
★ Ozark will be back for one final glorious two-part season! [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Despite his status as one of the hottest mask-wearers around, NBC News correspondent Morgan Chesky has tested positive for the new coronavirus. [Kenneth in the 212]
★ This is what Angelina Jolie wore 20 years ago at the Mission: Impossible II premiere. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ The six-count indictment against Ghislaine Maxwell includes abuse and exploitation. [Celebitchy]
★ Actor Adam Perry wants to you to take COVID-19 very, very seriously. And he should know being a survivor of the virus. [Boy Culture]