It has been tough, but we’ve spent all week long scouring the depths of Instagram to bring you this week’s Instahottie — Jake Bain!
Jake Bain made national headlines in October 2017 when he came out as gay to classmates at Missouri’s John Burroughs High School in a speech he delivered at an on-campus assembly.
Jake was an openly gay Indiana State defensive back, who ended up quitting the Indiana State football team to focus on his academics.
During an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, he recalled being very concerned about the impact his sexuality might have on his future as an athlete.
“I had a lot of nerves coming out because, at that time, there weren’t very many out, openly gay football players,” he explained. “Or any,” DeGeneres clarified.
Fortunately, Bain said, all of his nerves were set aside by the time he enrolled at Indiana State University.
“Even before I committed there, I talked to the coach about my sexuality and that I wanted to be openly gay,” he said. “He assured me from the very beginning that I was gonna be accepted by the community at Indiana State and that my teammates were gonna treat me just like anybody else on the team.”
Enjoy these pics of Jake Bain
- Patrick Dempsey accused of ‘terrorising’ Grey’s Anatomy set
- Mr. Man reveals the top ten nude male Emmy winners
- Wendy Williams was “voluntarily admitted” for a psychiatric evaluation to NYC hospital
- Lizzo really wants to remake The Bodyguard with Chris Evans
- Channing Tatum and Zoe Kravitz have gone Instagram official — PHOTO
- Nico Tortorella reveals they currently only have sex with Bethany Meyers to ‘get pregnant’
- Daniel Craig burns through 20 suits in a single Bond action scene
- Angelina Jolie visits the White House for summit over Violence Against Women Act