But now a source has told PEOPLE that the singer suffered a panic attack right before hitting the stage and that it seriously impacted her performance.
A source explains this was the first time Selena had performed on stage for a really long time and “Lose You To Love Me” is a raw tune about heartbreak and learning to love yourself, so we can understand why Sel would have been feeling vulnerable.
“She definitely had a panic attack. She was nervous. She hasn’t been on stage in two years, and it’s an important song in her career,” the source revealed.
“She really wanted to deliver.”
The source continued: “It threw her off. She did sound better at rehearsal.”
Even though her performance was slammed online, the source told the mag that our gal still had fun regardless.
“She had fun afterward with her friends and family and was in good spirits.”
Following her performance, Gomez appeared more at ease and was spotted in the crowd singing along as pal Taylor Swift took to the stage.
She also wrote a message to her supportive fans on Instagram: “Feels good to be back. Thank you to my entire team and to my fans that stand by me. All of this is for you and because of you. excited for this chapter.”
- Meet Instagram hottie Brady Ervin
- Shakira cries smear campaign, claims she paid $90 million in taxes to Spanish government despite tax evasion accusations
- Luke Evans, Zane Phillips, Jared Leto, and more Insta Snaps
- Chris Hemsworth was terrified of ruining the Mad Max franchise
- Cher insists ‘love doesn’t know math’ as she addresses age gap with boyfriend Alexander Edwards
- Josh Fine: Male Model Spotlight
- Leonardo DiCaprio almost lost Titanic role
- Jennifer Lopez goes dark on social media, raising questions surrounding potential new project