At least they didn’t sing. The stars they banded together for the clip in partnership with Confluential Films and the NAACP.
While they certainly appeared to have good intentions and shared an important message, many fans have been left unimpressed with the ‘performative’ video.
The list continued with: “For every unfair stereotype, every blatant injustice, no matter how big or small, every time I remained silent, every time I explained away police brutality or turned a blind eye.”
Stanley Tucci added: “I will no longer allow an unchecked moment, I will no longer allow racist hurtful words, jokes, stereotypes, no matter how big or small, to be uttered in my presence.”
Paul was shown with praying hands in his face, an stated, “Killer cops must be prosecuted, they are murderers!” he says.
His voice quivers when he says, “call out hate, step up, and take action.”
The video was quickly met with a wave of backlash from commentators who see it as “performative nonsense”, citing some of the participants as reading their lines off-screen.
“What are they auditioning for?” one tweet asked, prompting the reply “‘Ending Racism: The Musical.'”
Watch the video in full below.
- Heather Morris Tearfully Reflects on Naya Rivera’s Iconic Glee Role — WATCH
- Male Model Monday: Eian Scully, Tom Walker, Max Hamilton & More
- Meet Instagram Hottie Sam Salter
- Robert Pattinson Attempted to Sneak Off Tenet Set for Batman Audition
- The Week in Drag – Everything’s Coming Up Trixie and Katya, Jaida Essence Hall Gets Grilled, Alexis Mateo Gives Us “Mucho, Mucho Amor” and Mucho More
- Simon Cowell Breaks Back After Fall From Electric Bike
- Nyle DiMarco, Taylor Lautner, Jorge Blanco, and More Insta Snaps
- Nick Cannon Reveals He’s Voting for Kanye West
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ A man casually walks away as he breaks toes off of the Italian Canova statue in a museum. You gotta watch this! [OMG BLOG]
★ Amid national outcry, administrators reportedly have reversed their decision to suspend a 15-year-old student who shared viral images from inside her reopened Georgia high school this week. [Towleroad]
★ Reese Witherspoon is a meme queen! [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Kylie Minogue has released a video for her new track “Say Something” and it as if Xanadu has been reborn and infused with glitter bombs. [Curt and Frank]
★ Turn it up! 12 Forgotten classics by women-led new wave bands: Offshore edition. [Kenneth in the 212]
★ Zendaya goes for a dramatic “back” statement for InStyle. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ Bella Hadid flipped off some NYPD cops because they weren’t wearing masks. [Celebitchy]
★ If you’re an ass man, you’re in luck! [Boy Culture]