World of Wonder, the folks who bring us RuPaul’s Drag Race (and so much more), have announced the nominees for this year’s WOWie Awards, “honoring the very best in entertain(t)ment, LGBTQ+ artistry, glamazonian realness, and thirst traps.”
Among this year’s nominees are Lizzo, up for the “We Have No Choice But to Stan Award”, a/k/a Best Music (against the fierce Big Freedia…decisions, decisions), Chrissy Teigen for “The RT to Save a Life Award”, a/k/a Best Twitter (they should just give it to her already) and Billy Porter for “The Who Are You Wearing Award”, honoring Best Red Carpet Looks (again, pretty much a shoo-in, am I right?)
Of course, RuPaul and many of your favorite queens are up for awards this year, including Trixie Mattel, Kim Chi and Miss Fame facing off for Best Beauty Line, Peppermint and Jiggly Caliente (Pose), Alaska and Alyssa Edwards (The Bachelorette), Mama Ru (QVC) and judges Carson Kressley (Get a Room) and Michelle Visage (Strictly Come Dancing) all up for Best TV Moment.
Drag Race UK judges Alan Carr and Graham Norton are both in the running for the Best Comedian and the cast of the new series is up for “WOWlebrity on the rise.” Other nominees include Jasmine Masters for Best Viral Moment, Plastique Tiara for Best Tik Tok and Violet Chachki and Aquaria for their Met Gala fashions.
This year, WOW is also presenting a special Rest in Power Award to Drag Race producer Jacqueline Wilson, who sadly passed away earlier this year.
Voting is now open, and you can vote once a day, so get out there and make your voice heard. You can check out the full list of nominees and cast your votes at World of Wonder’s website. Winners will be announced November 29th, 2019, with the awards ceremony taking place at World of Wonder on Friday, December 6th. You betta vote!
Shop Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale
- Simone Biles wins bronze during Tokyo Olympics balance beam final
- Ellen Pompeo will probably quit acting after Grey’s Anatomy
- Kathy Griffin talks ‘nasty’ detox from pill addiction after suicide attempt
- Ryan Reynolds battles jacked-up version of himself in Free Guy featurette — WATCH
- Matt Damon releases statement regarding his f-slur usage, says he ‘never called anyone ‘f****t’
- Tom Daley went viral for knitting in the Olympics stands
- Kathy Griffin reveals she has lung cancer, having surgery today
- Male Model Monday: Dom Fenison, Edward Wilding, Christian Hogue and more