The actor, who met the songstress in 2002, revealed just how proud he is of his ex during a recent interview with The New York Times.
“I keep in touch periodically with her and have a lot of respect for her,” he shared, adding that he was particularly impressed by the 50-year-old’s performance in her recent movie Hustlers and felt she should’ve gotten more recognition for the film at the 2020 Oscars.
“She should have been nominated. She’s the real thing. I keep in touch periodically with her and have a lot of respect for her. How awesome is it that she had her biggest hit movie at 50? That’s fucking baller.”
Affleck and Lopez met on the set of Gigli, which was shot between December 2001 and March 2002. Affleck proposed with a 6.1-carat pink diamond ring, but the couple went on to split in January 2004.
“I think different time different thing, who knows what could’ve happened,” Lopez told People when asked about her ill-fated relationship with Affleck. “But there was a genuine love there.”
From Our Partners
- Britney wishes sons special happy birthday [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Brad Pitt is suing Angelina Jolie over her attempt to sell her half of Miraval [Celebitchy]
- OMG, WATCH: Netflix teases new Britney conservatorship documentary [omgblog]
- John Waters on the Cover of Town & Country Is a Delight [Go Fug Yourself]
- Remembering Labelle Diva Sarah Dash [Boy Culture]
- Who else is up for a game of tennis? [Kenneth in the 212]
FROM OUR PARTNERS
Kim Kardashian has the perfect outfit for the Apocalypse! [Go Fug Yourself]
Why is fatphobia still a thing onscreen? [OMG BLOG]
Sentence [Evil Beet Gossip]
Sentence [Boy Culture]
Sentence [Kenneth in the 212]
NEW IN THE SL SHOP
DISCLAIMER: We only feature things that we love. If you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.