The actor, who met the songstress in 2002, revealed just how proud he is of his ex during a recent interview with The New York Times.
“I keep in touch periodically with her and have a lot of respect for her,” he shared, adding that he was particularly impressed by the 50-year-old’s performance in her recent movie Hustlers and felt she should’ve gotten more recognition for the film at the 2020 Oscars.
“She should have been nominated. She’s the real thing. I keep in touch periodically with her and have a lot of respect for her. How awesome is it that she had her biggest hit movie at 50? That’s fucking baller.”
Affleck and Lopez met on the set of Gigli, which was shot between December 2001 and March 2002. Affleck proposed with a 6.1-carat pink diamond ring, but the couple went on to split in January 2004.
“I think different time different thing, who knows what could’ve happened,” Lopez told People when asked about her ill-fated relationship with Affleck. “But there was a genuine love there.”
From Our Partners
- SL’s 15 favorite Richard Madden red carpet pics
- Matty Lee, Tom Daley, Justin Theroux, and more Insta Snaps
- Whose “Ru-merican Horror Story” performance was the most bewitching on RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars?
- Judge disqualified in Angelina Jolie-Brad Pitt divorce
- A look back at Zac Efron’s 2008 guns — PHOTOS
- Beyonce and Jay-Z’s New Orleans mansion nearly destroyed in fire
NEW IN THE SL SHOP
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones— Wireless, Over Ear Headphones with Built in Microphone…Sale Product on sale
- Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar Works with 4K and HD TVs Wireless Subwoofer Includes HDMI and Optical Cables…Sale Product on sale
- Vega Protein and Greens Vanilla (26 Servings, 26.8 Ounce) – Vegan Plant Based Protein Powder Shake, Gluten Free, Non…Sale Product on sale
- Amazon Basics Neoprene Coated Dumbbell Hand Weight Set$39.99
DISCLAIMER: We only feature things that we love. If you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.