The actor, who met the songstress in 2002, revealed just how proud he is of his ex during a recent interview with The New York Times.
“I keep in touch periodically with her and have a lot of respect for her,” he shared, adding that he was particularly impressed by the 50-year-old’s performance in her recent movie Hustlers and felt she should’ve gotten more recognition for the film at the 2020 Oscars.
“She should have been nominated. She’s the real thing. I keep in touch periodically with her and have a lot of respect for her. How awesome is it that she had her biggest hit movie at 50? That’s fucking baller.”
Affleck and Lopez met on the set of Gigli, which was shot between December 2001 and March 2002. Affleck proposed with a 6.1-carat pink diamond ring, but the couple went on to split in January 2004.
“I think different time different thing, who knows what could’ve happened,” Lopez told People when asked about her ill-fated relationship with Affleck. “But there was a genuine love there.”
From Our Partners
- Lady Gaga’s dog walker Ryan Fischer releases his first statement after being shot
- There is crying in football — WATCH
- Trespasser crashes through gate at Kim Kardashian’s Hidden Hills home
- First look at Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s bombshell Oprah interview — WATCH
- Male Model Monday: Addis Miller, Logan Swiecki-Taylor, Danny Williams, and more
- All of the Golden Globes 2021 winners and highlights — WATCH
NEW IN THE SL SHOP
- Man of Steel (Blu-ray)Sale Product on sale
- Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray]Sale Product on sale
- BEAST 20oz Navy Blue Tumbler – Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Coffee Ice Cup Double Wall Travel Flask
DISCLAIMER: We only feature things that we love. If you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.