Oscar-winning actress Cate Blanchett revealed that she was injured in a chainsaw accident at her home in England.
“I’m fine. I had a bit of a chainsaw accident yesterday, which sounds very, very exciting, but it wasn’t,” the 51-year-old movie star said on A Podcast of One’s Own with former Australia Prime Minister Julia Gillard. “Apart from the little nick to my head, we’re fine.”
Blanchett, who stars in the upcoming Lucille Ball biopic, didn’t elaborate on why she was using power tools but reportedly said she’s taken a year off from acting to focus on helping her four children with homeschooling amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Blanchett, who was most recently seen in the Hulu miniseries “Mrs. America,” and husband Andrew Upton are parents to four kids, Dashiell, 18, Roman, 16, Ignatius, 12, and Edith, 5.
“I took the year off ostensibly to be with him and support him through that exam period,” she explained.
Blanchett said when they went into quarantine, the family’s school plans were derailed.
“All of that exam stuff evaporated, and I’m left with an 18-year-old who doesn’t really want to have anything to do with me,” she said with a laugh.
“So it’s a little bit discombobulating, but it’s a high-class problem. We’re all well. And so I found myself being a kindergarten teacher to my 5-year-old, which is just as challenging. I have a huge respect for the teaching profession,” Blanchett said.
MORE CELEBRITY NEWS
- Brandan Stevens: Male Model Spotlight
- Emma Roberts apologizes to Angelica Ross for alleged transphobic comments
- Shannon Beador crashes into a house before DUI arrest in hit-and-run video: WATCH
- Drew Barrymore reverses decision to bring back talk show amid strikes
- The Week in Drag – Say “cheerio” to the queens of UK season 5, Delta Work’s interview with Orville Peck, Bob and Monét take us back in time and more
- Meet Instagram hottie David Bodas
- Ts Madison takes a bite out of reality TV with a new series
- Cristiano D’Angelo: Male Model Spotlight