Since Friday is new music release day, The Five on Fridays is a list of our five favorite new songs of the week or those that are timely and meaningful to us.
Today in The Five, we are featuring:
Amber Riley recently sang the song during a Black Lives Matter protest.
TWO: Orville Peck – “No Glory in the West”
If you are an Orville Peck fan, you’ll love this song.
THREE: Bob Mould – “American Crisis”
“American Crisis is a tale of two times,” Bob Mould explained in a statement. “Past Time and Present Time. The parallels between 1984 and 2020 are a bit scary for me: telegenic, charismatic leaders, praised and propped up by extreme Evangelicals, either ignoring an epidemic (HIV/AIDS) or being outright deceitful about a pandemic (COVID-19).”
FOUR: Erasure – “Hey Now (Think I Got a Feeling)”
This is a great new throwback jam to their heyday.
FIVE: Major Lazer feat. Marcus Mumford – “Lay Your Head On Me”
- Meet Instagram Hottie Wi Ha-Joon
- The Week in Drag – Gottmik and Violet Chachki get haunted, Alaska has a breakdown, Trixie takes us to the 90s and more
- Zac Efron, Scott Speedman, Dylan Sprouse and more Insta Snaps
- Alec Baldwin ‘handed loaded weapon by assistant director who said it was safe to use’
- Ryan Gosling cast as Ken in Margot Robbie’s Barbie movie
- If there is a camera, Tom Daley will most likely flash his bum
- Kristen Stewart reacts to fans wanting her to play the Joker in Robert Pattinson’s Batman film
- Alec Baldwin accidentally discharged a prop gun on Rust set, killing cinematographer, injuring director