Since Friday is new music release day, The Five on Fridays is a list of our five favorite new songs of the week or those that are timely and meaningful to us.
Today in The Five, we are featuring:
Amber Riley recently sang the song during a Black Lives Matter protest.
TWO: Orville Peck – “No Glory in the West”
If you are an Orville Peck fan, you’ll love this song.
THREE: Bob Mould – “American Crisis”
“American Crisis is a tale of two times,” Bob Mould explained in a statement. “Past Time and Present Time. The parallels between 1984 and 2020 are a bit scary for me: telegenic, charismatic leaders, praised and propped up by extreme Evangelicals, either ignoring an epidemic (HIV/AIDS) or being outright deceitful about a pandemic (COVID-19).”
FOUR: Erasure – “Hey Now (Think I Got a Feeling)”
This is a great new throwback jam to their heyday.
FIVE: Major Lazer feat. Marcus Mumford – “Lay Your Head On Me”
- Frank Ocean’s 18-Year-Old Brother Ryan Breaux Dies in Car Crash
- 2011 Shirtless Male Celebrity Photo Roundup
- Meet Instagram Hottie Sean O’Donnell
- The Week in Drag – Emmy Noms for RuPaul and the Queens, All-Stars Finale Recaps, Trixie Mattel Plays With Dolls and More
- Zac Efron Is Looking to Make the Move to Australia
- The Internet Praises Lisa Bonet for Her Taste in Men on Jason Momoa’s Birthday
- Male Model Monday: Andrea Denver, Bobby Roaché, Matt Law & More
- Zayn, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ben Barnes, and More Insta Snaps
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ Mannequin alert! Step inside what it’s like to film The Bold and The Beautiful during COVID. [OMG BLOG]
★ In wake of gay rumors, GOP congressman Matt Gaetz goes to bat for anti-LGBT hate groups. [Towleroad]
★ Amy Schumer is showing her support for the women who came forward to accuse comedian Bryan Callen of sexual assault. [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Have you ever dreamed of seeing Jason Momoa getting hosed down? Well, then your dream has come true. [Curt and Frank]
★ That time Molly Ringwald, Belinda Carlisle and Susanna Hoffs teamed up to perform “Midnight Confessions.” [Kenneth in the 212]
★ Remember THAT dress?: Liz Hurley and the case of the Versace safety pins. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ Did Prince Andrew ‘lobby’ the government for Jeffrey Epstein’s sweetheart deal? [Celebitchy]
★ Rodney Harvey sure was one handsome man. Gone too soon. [Boy Culture]