You made it to the end of the week and now it’s time to drink! We’re highlighting a new cocktail each Friday so we can all enjoy a little something special to kick off our weekend.
This week’s cocktail is The French Martini.
The French Martini is the drink that helped to kick off the flavored Martini craze of the ’90s. The cocktail was brought to prominence in NYC restauranteur Keith McNally’s Balthazar, where it appeared on the menu after being placed on the menu in one of his other establishments.
It’s sweet and creamy due to the pineapple juice and Chambord black raspberry liqueur. The primary spirit is vodka, though sometimes rum is used instead. I prefer the vodka version as I am not a rum fan.
Here is what you’ll need to make a French Martini
2 ounces vodka
1 ounce pineapple juice
1⁄4 ounce Chambord raspberry liquor
Raspberry or a Lemon Twist
Mix all ingredients in shaker.
Strain and pour into a Martini glass.
(via Martha Stewart)
- Meet Instagram Hottie Levi Mack
- Lea Michele Deletes Her Twitter Account Amid Trolling Following Naya Rivera’s Disappearance
- SL Recommends: PetLibro Automatic Pet Feeder, The Beast Tumbler, elago R1 Intelli Apple TV Siri Remote Case and More!
- The Week in Drag – Snatch Game Reactions, Willam and Heidi N Closet Go to the Dogs, Queens Coming to a Drive-In Near You and More
- Naya Rivera’s Family’s and Ryan Dorsey’s Emotional Visit to Lake Piru, Heather Morris Offers to Help Search
- Nyle DiMarco, Brooks Laich, Shawn Mendes and More Insta Snaps
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ Well, hello! Pro tennis player Milos Drakulic is naked! [OMG BLOG]
★ After calling in to Fox News host Sean Hannity’s show on Thursday night, President Donald Trump said doctors were “very surprised” when he recently passed a cognitive test. [Towleroad]
★ Take a look inside Natasha Bedingfield‘s $2.25 million home. It could be yours! [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ That time Virginia Wade dethroned Chris Evert at Wimbledon. [Kenneth in the 212]
★ 30 Years Ago Today, Princess Diana Got Gussied Up For the Premiere of….Back to the Future III, because a premiere is a premiere. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ Times are tough for everyone. Robert DeNiro cut his ex-wife’s AmEx allowance from $100K to $50K a month. [Celebitchy]
★ Roger models some briefs for Walking Jack undies. [Boy Culture]
DISCLAIMER: We only feature things that we love. If you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.