Harry Styles is returning to the big screen!
The “Watermelon Sugar” singer has been tapped to replace Shia Labeouf in Olivia Wilde’s upcoming film for New Line Don’t Worry Darling, according to Deadline. LaBeouf was forced to exit the project because of a scheduling conflict.
Wilde is directing the film, although little is known about the movie’s plot.
Don’t Worry, Darling is set in an isolated, utopian community in the 1950s California desert. Katie Silberman wrote the screenplay based on a spec script by Shane and Carey Van Dyke.
According to Deadline, while Styles’ attachment to anything draws appeal to the project, insiders say Warner Bros execs have always been looking for that next thing after being blown away by his acting chops in Dunkirk.
Sources add after impressing Wilde and Pugh during an initial meeting, the feeling was mutual to get Styles to sign on to the project.
- Matt Bomer, Rome Flynn, Fredrik Eklund and More Insta Snaps
- The Week in Drag – New Music From Trixie and Honey, Meeting the Queens of Drag Race Holland, Jimbo Gets Exposed, and More
- RuPaul Wins 5th Consecutive Outstanding Host Emmy
- Is Tom Hardy the Next James Bond, How to stream Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Cardi B Talks Offset, Peacock coming to Roku, and More
- Dwayne Johnson Rips Down Electric Front Gate With Bare Hands
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead at 87 — Hollywood Pays Tribute
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ Lady Gaga drops a new video for the latest single off of Chromatica, “911.” WATCH! [OMG BLOG]
★ NYU student confronts cops not wearing masks in subway. They respond by calling him “Karen.” WATCH! [Towleroad]
★ Trevor Noah selling Bel Air mansion for $22 million. Take a look inside! [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Jerry Falwell Jr. found drunk and bleeding after falling down the stairs in his home. [Curt and Frank]
★ Andy Murray is open to the renaming Margaret Court Arena, marrying Roger Federer. [Kenneth in the 212]
★ Travel back in time and see the fashion from the ’70s and ’80s Emmy Awards. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ Charlize Theron: “I haven’t dated anybody for over five years” (since Sean Penn). [Celebitchy]
★ You have to check out John Duff‘s “Hokie Pokie” which Is the gay “WAP.” [Boy Culture]