Now Reading
Harvey Weinstein Moves to Settle Sex Assault Cases for $44 Million

Harvey Weinstein Moves to Settle Sex Assault Cases for $44 Million

Harvey Weinstein

Disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein has reached a provisional $44 million settlement with alleged victims and creditors, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.

The cash settlement will include about $30 million for his alleged victims, former Weinstein Co. employees and creditors, and their lawyers, sources said.

Another $14 million will go to the legal fees of the disgraced Hollywood producer associates, including his former board members, sources said.

The deal, which has not yet been signed, aims to cover all civil proceedings filed against the fallen Hollywood mogul, including those in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.

[irp posts=3212]

The deal, if finalized, would resolve a civil rights lawsuit filed by the New York attorney general’s office last year that accuses Weinstein Co’s executives and board of failing to protect employees from a hostile work environment and Weinstein’s sexual misconduct, the Journal reported.

The Journal said the proposed agreement would not affect a criminal case pending against Weinstein in Manhattan, in which he has been charged with rape and other sex crimes.

See Also
Rose McGowan

Harvey Weinstein
Photo by KENA BETANCUR / AFP /Getty Images

A trial in that case has been scheduled for September.

Dozens of women have accused him of sexual misconduct. Weinstein has denied the accusations and said he did not have non-consensual sex with any of his accusers.

Support Socialite Life when you shop on Amazon using this link or when you click any of our affiliate links. You won’t have to go to the store, and we’ll receive a little commission.

Copyright ©2021, MJP Content Labs, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Scroll To Top