She said, “They’re saying that Americans bought less wine last year. It’s the first drop in a quarter of a century. Now, I believe this is because I quit drinking, that I caused this dip. I have influenced the market.”
“I’m not saying I’ve driven people [out of drinking alcohol], I’m saying I stopped buying wine and there’s a… dip,” she added.
“I started the show and she quit drinking. What does that tell you?” Ryan Seacrest responded, to which Kelly clapped back: “Exactly… It’s amazing.”
The former soap star didn’t shed additional light on why she made the choice to venture on a sobriety journey.
It’s no shock that Kelly’s in remarkable shape, and in the past, the 49-year-old has been very vocal about her diet and wellness tactics.
Kelly has said she tries to maintain a high-alkaline diet, which favors non-acidic veggies and protein. Since sugars are also acidic — and wine is essentially sugar, getting off the sauce may have simply been the logical next step for the health-conscious 49-year-old.
“It has changed my life, it’s changed the whole way I think about food,” she said at the time.
Kelly reportedly got turned on to the diet by celebrity nutritionist Dr. Daryl Gioffre.
From Our Partners
- WATCH: Vogue’s 73 Questions with Camilla Cabello! [OMG BLOG]
- Maluma Says Gay Rumors are Just That: “I Would Have Already Talked About It” [Towleroad]
- McDonald’s Selling Quarter Pounder® Scented Candles [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Vanessa Hudgens Was Trending Yesterday Just Because She Is Hot [Go Fug Yourself]
- Drew Barrymore on Body Acceptance: “I Have Stood in My Closet and Just Cried” [Celebitchy]
- Zsa Zsa Kenworthy in Action [Kenneth in the 212]
- Fleshback: Christopher Atkins [Boy Culture]
On Sale in the SL Shop
We only share the stuff that we love. We may earn a small commission if you buy through our links.