The 16-track album is Gaga’s return to her pop roots, seven years after her third studio Artpop was released.
The album was originally scheduled to be released on April 10, but it was delayed due to coronavirus pandemic.
Chromatica is filled with synth-filled, dance-y tunes like previously released singles “Stupid Love” and the duet “Rain On Me,” which features Ariana Grande.
In an interview with Zane Lowe, Gaga explained that Chromatica’s imagery is rooted in sound, healing, and color:
The symbol for Chromatica has a sine wave in it, which is the mathematical symbol for sound, and it’s from what all sound is made from, and, for me, sound is what healed me in my life period, and it healed me again making this record, and that is really what Chromatica is all about. It’s about healing and it’s about bravery as well and it’s really like, when we talk about love I think it’s so important to include the fact that it requires a ton of bravery to love someone.
Welcome back, Lady Gaga!
Listen to Chromatica in full below.
SL’s Pop Music Playlist
- Frank Ocean’s 18-Year-Old Brother Ryan Breaux Dies in Car Crash
- 2011 Shirtless Male Celebrity Photo Roundup
- Meet Instagram Hottie Sean O’Donnell
- The Week in Drag – Emmy Noms for RuPaul and the Queens, All-Stars Finale Recaps, Trixie Mattel Plays With Dolls and More
- Zac Efron Is Looking to Make the Move to Australia
- The Internet Praises Lisa Bonet for Her Taste in Men on Jason Momoa’s Birthday
- Male Model Monday: Andrea Denver, Bobby Roaché, Matt Law & More
- Zayn, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ben Barnes, and More Insta Snaps
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ Mannequin alert! Step inside what it’s like to film The Bold and The Beautiful during COVID. [OMG BLOG]
★ In wake of gay rumors, GOP congressman Matt Gaetz goes to bat for anti-LGBT hate groups. [Towleroad]
★ Amy Schumer is showing her support for the women who came forward to accuse comedian Bryan Callen of sexual assault. [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Have you ever dreamed of seeing Jason Momoa getting hosed down? Well, then your dream has come true. [Curt and Frank]
★ That time Molly Ringwald, Belinda Carlisle and Susanna Hoffs teamed up to perform “Midnight Confessions.” [Kenneth in the 212]
★ Remember THAT dress?: Liz Hurley and the case of the Versace safety pins. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ Did Prince Andrew ‘lobby’ the government for Jeffrey Epstein’s sweetheart deal? [Celebitchy]
★ Rodney Harvey sure was one handsome man. Gone too soon. [Boy Culture]
DISCLAIMER: We only feature things that we love. If you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.