Fans have been aware of “Stupid Love” for a few weeks now; the song (possibly a demo, it’s not clear) leaked in January but was eventually removed.
In response to the leak, which was reportedly sourced from the code behind Gaga’s official website, she tweeted: “can y’all stop.”
Taking to Twitter yesterday (February 25), the singer uploaded an image of a vibrant billboard showcasing the single’s official artwork.
In the post’s caption, she wrote: “‘STUPID LOVE’ THE NEW SINGLE BY LADY GAGA OUT FRIDAY AT MIDNIGHT ET.” The post concluded with the hashtag #LG6
While the name of Lady Gaga’s sixth album has yet to be announced, the teaser image for “Stupid Love” references the word “Chromatica,” which fans have speculated is the name of Gaga’s forthcoming release.
Bloodpop and Tchami produced “Stupid Love.” Bloodpop, born Michael Tucker, started working with Gaga on Joanne. He’s also known for his work with Justin Bieber — with whom he co-wrote and producer “Sorry,” along with other Purpose tracks — and Madonna.
He announced the new song’s producers on Instagram shortly after Gaga’s post went up.
From Our Partners
- New Superman movie coming from JJ Abrams, but will Henry Cavill star?
- Cyclist bikes over a bridge in the most terrifying way — WATCH
- Brad Pitt sports a very tiny ponytail
- No, Emma Watson is not retiring from acting
- Prince Harry talks about stepping away from royal life to protect his mental health
- Sam Heughan confirms he and his brother were named after J.R.R. Tolkien characters — WATCH
NEW IN THE SL SHOP
- Man of Steel (Blu-ray)Sale Product on sale
- Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray]Sale Product on sale
- BEAST 20oz Navy Blue Tumbler – Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Coffee Ice Cup Double Wall Travel Flask$19.55
DISCLAIMER: We only feature things that we love. If you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.