With the news that Lindsay Lohan‘s film Machete is finally going to be released this September, her acting career could actually get a boost. That’s if she’s actually good in it, and doesn’t end up sucking the life out of the film.
If it happens to be the later, Lindsay should consider taking on one of these iconic roles in a remake (at least for the cash, because she may be a little hard up for it right now).
- I’d love to see her star in the Geena Davis role as Thelma in Thelma and Louise. The perfect Louise for her would be Heidi Montag. Which would be a bonus for Heidi since she’s looking to become an action star.
- Oscar loving characters who are suffering from deadly diseases, so why not take on Debra Winger‘s role in a Terms of Endearment remake. However, it would only work if Dina Lohan signs on in the Shirley MacLaine role as her wisecracking mother.
- Seeing that Lindsay Lohan loves Marilyn Monroe so much, she’s destined to take on one of the blonde’s most iconic roles. She could play “The Girl” in Seven Year Itch. As a twist, Lindsay wouldn’t be wearing any underwear in that famous upskirt scene.
- While she’d have to do quite a bit of work with a dialect coach, I’ve always pictured Lindsay as Sophie Zawistowski, Meryl Streep’s character in Sophie’s Choice. Plus her character dies in the film, and I have a feeling, seeing Lindsay die on camera would bring some people into the theaters based on witnessing that alone.
- Oscar also loves the disabled. This one may be a bit of a stretch, but she wouldn’t have to speak. In a gender swap, Lindsay could take on Daniel Day-Lewis‘ role in My Left Foot. Seeing his character’s name was Christy Brown, they wouldn’t even have to change the character’s name.
What role would you like to see Lindsay Lohan tackle next?