Olivia Wilde, the director of the superbly entertaining Booksmart has been tapped to write and direct a new Marvel movie at Sony Pictures, that is rumored to be Spider-Woman.
Deadline reports that the secret project is likely a Spider-Woman movie. The news, which Sony Pictures declined to comment on, also places Wilde on board as co-writer alongside writing partner Katie Silberman.
After the news broke that the 36-year-old director/actress had teamed up with Marvel to direct and co-write a female-led movie, Olivia took to Instagram to share a photo of her daughter Daisy, 3, wearing a Spider-Man costume.
Wilde reacted to the news on Twitter as well by tweeting a spider in response to the Deadline article.
Spider-Woman has been used as the alter ego for several Spider-Man characters since the late ’70s, when Jessica Drew was first introduced as the character.
Since then, Mary Jane Watson and Gwen Stacy have taken up the moniker. It’s unclear which character is at the center of Wilde’s project, though it would make sense that Sony would want to do something with Jessica Drew, since MJ and Gwen have already been introduced in past Spider-Man movies.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead at 87 — Hollywood Pays Tribute
- That ’70’S Show Star Danny Masterson Appears in Court to Be Arraigned on Rape Charges
- Lori Loughlin’s prison sounds nice, Henry Cavill Superman rumors, Tatiana Maslany is She-Hulk, Lady Gaga, Kathy Hilton, Demi Lovato, and More
- Jason Momoa Shares Shirtless Video After Car Breaks Down on Side the Road
- Former OC Star Samaire Armstrong Is a Donald Trump Supporter, Says BLM Is Terrorist Organization
- Fast Times Table Reading: Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston Flirted, Shia LaBeouf Got Stoned
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ Lady Gaga drops a new video for the latest single off of Chromatica, “911.” WATCH! [OMG BLOG]
★ NYU student confronts cops not wearing masks in subway. They respond by calling him “Karen.” WATCH! [Towleroad]
★ Trevor Noah selling Bel Air mansion for $22 million. Take a look inside! [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Jerry Falwell Jr. found drunk and bleeding after falling down the stairs in his home. [Curt and Frank]
★ Andy Murray is open to the renaming Margaret Court Arena, marrying Roger Federer. [Kenneth in the 212]
★ Travel back in time and see the fashion from the ’70s and ’80s Emmy Awards. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ Charlize Theron: “I haven’t dated anybody for over five years” (since Sean Penn). [Celebitchy]
★ You have to check out John Duff‘s “Hokie Pokie” which Is the gay “WAP.” [Boy Culture]