Sam Heughan Is Still Definitely Ready and Willing to Play James Bond
Outlander‘s Sam Heughan has revealed that he’d still like to take on the James Bond role.
Speaking to Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield on Tuesday’s This Morning, the star said he is up for another shot at the dream role.
Heughan auditioned for the role back in 2005, but was beaten out for the gig by Daniel Craig, and the rest is history.
“Yeah I did [audition to be James Bond],” Heughan admitted.
READ MORE: Check Out the Latest Sam Heughan News
“Obviously it’s a dream for every actor… I did audition for it back when they were doing Bond 21 when Daniel Craig was cast for Casino Royale. I think a lot of actors were seen in the UK – of course, it would be a dream role and a Scottish Bond, who wouldn’t want to see another Scottish Bond?”
Heughan is referring to Sean Connery, who became the first actor to portray Bond in 1962’s Dr. No.
“Very recently I became the bookie’s favorite,” Heughan says, adding, “which is kind of random and very strange.”
When asked if he would take the call if the Eon producers were to contact him, the actor gave a positive response.
“Yeah you guys I need to jump off this call because I’m waiting for Barbara Broccoli!” he said.
In other Sam Heughan news, he has joined the cast of the romantic comedy Mr. Malcolm’s List, where they will star alongside Freida Pinto, Constance Wu, Sope Dirisu and Oliver Jackson-Cohen.
A modern and original take on the period genre, Mr. Malcolm’s List is directed by Emma Holly Jones and is an expansion of her short film which has reached over 1 million views on Youtube.
Wu is Julia, a society lady jilted by London’s most eligible bachelor Mr. Malcolm (Dirisu), when she fails to meet one of the items on his list of requirements for a bride. Feeling shunned and humiliated, she enlists her friend Selina (Pinto) to help her take revenge on Mr. Malcolm by tricking him into thinking he has found his perfect match. The plan appears to be working when Henry (Heughan) threatens Julia’s scheme by courting Selina as well. After the bumbling Lord Cassidy (Jackson-Cohen) begins meddling in the foursome’s affairs, the course of true love becomes rocky. And Mr. Malcolm wonders whether he’s found the perfect woman…or the perfect hoax.
MORE CELEBRITY NEWS
- Manu Ríos knows how to work a red carpet — Photos
- Male Model Monday: João Araujo, William Edge, Pietro Boselli and more
- Blue Ivy, 11, joins mom Beyoncé on stage in surprise Renaissance tour performance
- Brandon Flynn, Matt Bomer, Jonathan Bailey, George Krissa, Orlando Bloom, and more Insta Snaps
- The Week in Drag – the RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 8 acting challenge, say “hola” to the queens of Drag Race Mexico, dreamy new makeup from Trixie and more
- Mary Tyler Moore’s ‘joy was robbed’ from her due to diabetes complications, her husband reveals
- Meet Instagram hottie Austin Keil
- Celine Dion cancels remainder of world tour as singer’s battle with Stiff Person Syndrome worsens