Heughan auditioned for the role back in 2005, but was beaten out for the gig by Daniel Craig, and the rest is history.
“Yeah I did [audition to be James Bond],” Heughan admitted.
READ MORE: Check Out the Latest Sam Heughan News
“Obviously it’s a dream for every actor… I did audition for it back when they were doing Bond 21 when Daniel Craig was cast for Casino Royale. I think a lot of actors were seen in the UK – of course, it would be a dream role and a Scottish Bond, who wouldn’t want to see another Scottish Bond?”
Heughan is referring to Sean Connery, who became the first actor to portray Bond in 1962’s Dr. No.
“Very recently I became the bookie’s favorite,” Heughan says, adding, “which is kind of random and very strange.”
When asked if he would take the call if the Eon producers were to contact him, the actor gave a positive response.
“Yeah you guys I need to jump off this call because I’m waiting for Barbara Broccoli!” he said.
In other Sam Heughan news, he has joined the cast of the romantic comedy Mr. Malcolm’s List, where they will star alongside Freida Pinto, Constance Wu, Sope Dirisu and Oliver Jackson-Cohen.
A modern and original take on the period genre, Mr. Malcolm’s List is directed by Emma Holly Jones and is an expansion of her short film which has reached over 1 million views on Youtube.
Wu is Julia, a society lady jilted by London’s most eligible bachelor Mr. Malcolm (Dirisu), when she fails to meet one of the items on his list of requirements for a bride. Feeling shunned and humiliated, she enlists her friend Selina (Pinto) to help her take revenge on Mr. Malcolm by tricking him into thinking he has found his perfect match. The plan appears to be working when Henry (Heughan) threatens Julia’s scheme by courting Selina as well. After the bumbling Lord Cassidy (Jackson-Cohen) begins meddling in the foursome’s affairs, the course of true love becomes rocky. And Mr. Malcolm wonders whether he’s found the perfect woman…or the perfect hoax.
MORE CELEBRITY NEWS
- Rihanna’s Savage x Fenty Men’s Collection Featuring Christian Combs’ Abs
- Channing Tatum Has Been Working Out, Billie Lourd Gives Birth, Tory Lanez Denies Shooting Megan Thee Stallion, Princess Eugenie is Pregnant and More
- Vin Diesel Releases Club Banger ‘Feel Like I Do’ in Apparent Launch of Music Career — LISTEN
- Mariah Carey Says Sister Drugged Her, Tried to Sell Her to a Pimp When She Was 12
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich Split Two Months After Engagement
- Mariah Carey Is Not an ATM With a Wig on, Mandy Moore Pregnant With First Child, the Da Vinki Twins, Why Denise Richards Really Shouted ‘Bravo, Bravo, F**king Bravo, and More
- A Fan Requested That Succession Star Nicholas Braun ‘Hit Them With My Car Like in a Sexy Way’
- BBC Weatherman’s Mortifying Rick Astley On-Air Gaffe – WATCH
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ This kitty thinks its part of a Shiba Inu puppy pack! [OMG BLOG]
★ Gayle King knocks Nancy Pelosi for referring to Trump’s abettors as “henchmen.” — WATCH [Towleroad]
★ Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner selling their NYC condo. Take a look inside! [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s trainer does push-ups in front of her casket — WATCH. [Curt and Frank]
★ Rolling Stone rattles cages with a revamped list of 500 greatest albums of all time. [Kenneth in the 212]
★ Nine years ago this week, Thomas Jane wore bird feet to the Emmys. Ahead of his time? What time, that might be, who knows? [Go Fug Yourself]
★ The Riverdale cast now uses mouthwash before make-out scenes – does that help? [Celebitchy]
★ Netflix’s The Boys in the Band has counter-charm. [Boy Culture]