Since its surprise release in July this year, Swift’s latest album continues to dominate the Billboard 200 chart. folklore has spent six weeks at the top, giving the singer a total of 46 consecutive weeks at number one across her eight studio albums.
According to Billboard, this most recent accomplishment means the Blank Space singer is now tied with Houston for the most consecutive weeks at No 1 for a female artist.
Adele follows next in the rankings with a total of 34 weeks at the No 1 spot.
folklore is also the first album in four years to spend six consecutive weeks at No 1. The last album to achieve such a feat was Drake’s The View in 2016.
READ MORE: Check Out More Taylor Swift News
The Beatles command the overall record at 132 weeks during their legendary careers.
The Beatles and Swift are now the only two acts to have at least five albums each with six weeks at No. 1, according to Billboard.
Swift is also the first female artist to have seven albums debut in the No. 1 spot.
The album sold more than two million copies globally in its first week, 1.3 million of which were sold on its first day alone.
- Steven Yeun covers GQ talks the Golden Globes and The Walking Dead
- WTF: Madison Cawthorn beats up a tree — WATCH
- Jason Sudeikis thanks ex-fiancée Olivia Wilde at Critics Choice Awards 2021: ‘She was right’
- 8-year-old Minari star Alan Kim gives the cutest tearful Critics Choice Awards acceptance speech — WATCH
- Male Model Monday: Maverick McConnell, Parker Hurley, Victor Pinheiro, and more
- The 7 biggest bombshells from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Oprah interview