The trailer debuted live on Fortnite, and it looks like this could very well be the most ambitious film Nolan has ever made.
Here’s what we know about the film so far (which is not much). A man (John David Washington) undergoes what appears to be a grueling trial to join an elite international team of spies, ending with a choice: give up his colleagues, or die. He chooses death and wakes up in a hospital to learn he has passed the test. The man’s new assignment: prevent World War III and save the world—not from nuclear holocaust, but from “something worse.” He’s given one code word, “tenet,” to open the necessary doors.
With Nolan’s frequent collaborator Hans Zimmer occupied with Denis Villeneuve’s Dune adaptation, Grammy and Oscar winner Ludwig Göransson (Black Panther, The Mandalorian) has handled the Tenet score.
Tenet‘s official Twitter account recently removed all mentions of the July 17th release date from its profile, leading some to wonder if the film could actually end up delaying its release date.
Watch the trailer for Tenet below.
MORE MOVIE TRAILERS
- Ricky Martin, Glen Powell, Nick Adams, and more Insta Snaps
- Pete Davidson set to leave Saturday Night Live
- Madonna banned from Instagram Live after sharing nude photos
- Ryan Reynolds recalls brothers ‘saving’ him from dad’s anger with earrings
- Ellen Barkin recalls Johnny Depp being ‘jealous’ and ‘drunk’
- Harry Styles denies ‘Daylight’ is about Taylor Swift
- Rihanna and A$AP Rocky welcome first child: report
- Nick Cannon confirms vasectomy consultation with eighth kid on the way: Report