HBO has announced that Westworld will be returning for its eight-episode third season on Sunday, March 15, 2020, at 9 pm ET/PT.
Alongside the date reveal, HBO released a new teaser that shows certain Divergence points in our history, beginning with the Hong Kong Protests and the “Impeachment of the 45th President of the United States.”
However, it also goes into the future and ends with an Unknown Divergence on February 27, 2058.
Joining the above three and such others as Emmy-winner Thandie Newton, Ed Harris, and Luke Hemsworth will be Breaking Bad‘s Aaron Paul who appears to be a construction worker by day and criminal by night.
Other new cast members include A Black Lady Sketch Show‘s Lena Waithe, Black Swan‘s Vincent Cassel, We Are Who We Are’s Scott Mescudi, Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s Marshawn Lynch, The Newsroom‘s John Gallagher Jr., Stumptown‘s Michael Ealy, and Sons of Anarchy‘s Tommy Flanagan.
The latest trailer gives us a bit more background about how Westworld’s AI came to be. A number of chaotic events coalesced into a massive problem for humanity, which was only saved by something called the “System” in the year 2039.
Apparently, though, Dolores and her self-aware AI friends have messed that up. “Up until now, the system was working, but there’s someone we haven’t accounted for: You,” the narrator says darkly.
From Our Partners
- Britney wishes sons special happy birthday [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Brad Pitt is suing Angelina Jolie over her attempt to sell her half of Miraval [Celebitchy]
- OMG, WATCH: Netflix teases new Britney conservatorship documentary [omgblog]
- John Waters on the Cover of Town & Country Is a Delight [Go Fug Yourself]
- Remembering Labelle Diva Sarah Dash [Boy Culture]
- Who else is up for a game of tennis? [Kenneth in the 212]
- Sarah Jessica Parker pens a touching tribute to Willie Garson
- Harry Styles slams ‘game playing’ in relationships: ‘Trash, trash, trash’
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo accused of sexual harassment by former boss, says he apologized
- Madonna recalls her recent phone call with Britney Spears to ‘check on her’
- Andrew Garfield Reveals What He Disliked About Playing Spider-Man
- Beyoncé reflects on her 40th birthday in an emotional letter to fans