HBO has announced that Westworld will be returning for its eight-episode third season on Sunday, March 15, 2020, at 9 pm ET/PT.
Alongside the date reveal, HBO released a new teaser that shows certain Divergence points in our history, beginning with the Hong Kong Protests and the “Impeachment of the 45th President of the United States.”
However, it also goes into the future and ends with an Unknown Divergence on February 27, 2058.
Joining the above three and such others as Emmy-winner Thandie Newton, Ed Harris, and Luke Hemsworth will be Breaking Bad‘s Aaron Paul who appears to be a construction worker by day and criminal by night.
Other new cast members include A Black Lady Sketch Show‘s Lena Waithe, Black Swan‘s Vincent Cassel, We Are Who We Are’s Scott Mescudi, Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s Marshawn Lynch, The Newsroom‘s John Gallagher Jr., Stumptown‘s Michael Ealy, and Sons of Anarchy‘s Tommy Flanagan.
The latest trailer gives us a bit more background about how Westworld’s AI came to be. A number of chaotic events coalesced into a massive problem for humanity, which was only saved by something called the “System” in the year 2039.
Apparently, though, Dolores and her self-aware AI friends have messed that up. “Up until now, the system was working, but there’s someone we haven’t accounted for: You,” the narrator says darkly.
From Our Partners
- Liam Hemsworth trolled by his girlfriend, Gabriella Brooks, over his long hair
- Cody Simpson, Tom Mercier, Troye Sivan and more Insta Snaps
- This Grizzly bear is very concerned about your safety — WATCH
- Eva Mendes sparks parenting debate over quote on spanking
- Chrissy Teigen says Kim Kardashian ‘tried her best’ to make marriage to Kanye West work
- Prince Harry returns home without a one-on-one chat with Prince Charles