Eilish, 18, swept the Grammy Awards on Sunday by taking the four top prizes – album, record, and song of the year and best new artist. She was only the second musician ever to win all four Grammys on the same night.
The last and only time an artist won all four of these awards was Christopher Cross in 1981. The 29-year-old Texan rocker won big for his self-titled LP — which controversially beat Pink Floyd‘s iconic The Wall — and for its standout song “Sailing.”
It was the peak of Cross’ critical and commercial success. He never won another Grammy.
The Los Angeles teen is not included in the roster of stars who will be performing music nominated in the best original song category, including Elton John, Idina Menzel, Cynthia Erivo, Randy Newman and This is Us actress Chrissy Metz.
From Our Partners
- OMG, He’s Naked UHGAIN: Philip From Big Brother: Germany [OMG BLOG]
- Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum Reunite for Global Fashion Competition Making The Cut — TRAILER [Towleroad]
- Pete Davidson Wants to Leave SNL, Cast Ok With That [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Kate Middleton Opted for Sparkly Accessories to See Dear Evan Hansen Tonight [Go Fug Yourself]
- Sarah Hyland Defends ‘Sister’ Ariel Winter’s Modern Family Wrap Party Dress [Celebitchy]
- As Shirtless and Sweaty Tommy Paul [Kenneth in the 212]
- Fleshback: Christopher George [Boy Culture]
New in the SL Shop
We only share the stuff that we love. We may earn a small commission if you buy through our links.