Jussie Smollett Releases First Statement About Chicago Attack

Links 1 Min Read
1 Min Read
Actor Jussie Smollett Appears Outside Of Court After It Was Announced That All Charges Have Been Dropped Against Him
Photo by Nuccio DiNuzzo/Getty Images

Jussie Smollett, the star of the Fox television show “Empire” who said he had been attacked by two men yelling racial and homophobic slurs, released his first public comments about the incident on Friday.

“Let me start by saying that I’m O.K.,” Smollett said in a statement released by his publicist. “My body is strong but my soul is stronger. More importantly, I want to say thank you. The outpouring of love and support from my village has meant more than I will ever be able to truly put into words.”

(via The New York Times)


LINK LOVE

SL RECOMMENDS

Like most websites, Socialite Life uses affiliate links where available, which means we earn a little commission if you click through and buy something. Also, as Amazon Influencers, we earn from qualifying purchases.

Last update on 2024-07-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API

Share This Article