The 24-year-old appeared in Manhattan Supreme Court on Monday along with over 100 other New Yorkers. She raised her hand when Judge James Burke asked if anyone knew a member of either side’s legal team.
Hadid, who was sitting in the jury box said: “I have met the defendant.” When asked if she could remain fair and impartial she replied, “yes.”
She also raised her hand when Judge Burke read a list of witnesses and asked the jurors if they knew anyone.
“I have met Salma Hayek and possibly Ryan Beatty,” revealed Hadid.
She took a questionnaire home and was told to come back Thursday. Then, she was later seen leaving the courthouse where she did not comment to reporters. So far, over 100 jurors have been asked to fill out the questionnaire, which provides details about their backgrounds and ability to maintain impartiality.
Weinstein was charged with five counts of rape and sexual assault and could face life in prison if convicted. In Los Angeles, he was charged with four counts of sexual assault based on an incident that occurred in February 2013.
Weinstein has denied all allegations of sexual assault and misconduct.
From Our Partners
- Britney wishes sons special happy birthday [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Brad Pitt is suing Angelina Jolie over her attempt to sell her half of Miraval [Celebitchy]
- OMG, WATCH: Netflix teases new Britney conservatorship documentary [omgblog]
- John Waters on the Cover of Town & Country Is a Delight [Go Fug Yourself]
- Remembering Labelle Diva Sarah Dash [Boy Culture]
- Who else is up for a game of tennis? [Kenneth in the 212]
- Sarah Jessica Parker pens a touching tribute to Willie Garson
- Harry Styles slams ‘game playing’ in relationships: ‘Trash, trash, trash’
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo accused of sexual harassment by former boss, says he apologized
- Madonna recalls her recent phone call with Britney Spears to ‘check on her’
- Andrew Garfield Reveals What He Disliked About Playing Spider-Man
- Beyoncé reflects on her 40th birthday in an emotional letter to fans