The actor announced the news on Instagram in a minute-long video on Friday (February 14, 2020).
“Hi, everyone. Dramatic pause … I’m gay,” he said. “I just wanted everyone to know because I’ve made a promise to myself to, uh, live my truth every day, and sometimes that is a really hard thing to do when you have all these subconscious things you don’t even know about from childhood, and from society, and from … just life.”
Rick, 36, said many of his fans likely suspected he was gay.
“So, there you go. I’m sure most of you probably knew anyway. And, yeah, that’s actually all I wanted to say,” he said. “I also have a sty on my eye, which really adds to the whole drama of the whole thing.”
His reveal prompted many of his friends and former costars to comment.
Candice Patton, who starred in The Flash with Rick, wrote, “you’re one of the good ones. love u.” Danielle Panabaker posted a red heart emoji. Stage actor Hugo Bonemer added, “so proud of you,” along with a rainbow emoji.
From Our Partners
- Britney wishes sons special happy birthday [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Brad Pitt is suing Angelina Jolie over her attempt to sell her half of Miraval [Celebitchy]
- OMG, WATCH: Netflix teases new Britney conservatorship documentary [omgblog]
- John Waters on the Cover of Town & Country Is a Delight [Go Fug Yourself]
- Remembering Labelle Diva Sarah Dash [Boy Culture]
- Who else is up for a game of tennis? [Kenneth in the 212]
- Sarah Jessica Parker pens a touching tribute to Willie Garson
- Harry Styles slams ‘game playing’ in relationships: ‘Trash, trash, trash’
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo accused of sexual harassment by former boss, says he apologized
- Madonna recalls her recent phone call with Britney Spears to ‘check on her’
- Andrew Garfield Reveals What He Disliked About Playing Spider-Man
- Beyoncé reflects on her 40th birthday in an emotional letter to fans