Her latest effort, Barbara, features the cover of a song called “I Can’t Shake the Stranger Out of You.”
The song was originally sung by a singer named Patrick Haggerty for a 1973 album titled Lavender Country, which holds the distinction of being the first openly gay country album. (It’s an interesting story.)
Earlier this week, she shared a behind the scenes look at the recording of her cover of the song with Patrick himself.
The pair sit down and chat and the quick video is a real treat. Barbara is available Friday wherever you get your music.
Watch Trixie Mattel in action below:
We only share the stuff that we love. We may earn a small commission if you buy through our links.
From Our Partners
- OMG, He’s Naked UHGAIN: Philip From Big Brother: Germany [OMG BLOG]
- Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum Reunite for Global Fashion Competition Making The Cut — TRAILER [Towleroad]
- Pete Davidson Wants to Leave SNL, Cast Ok With That [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Kate Middleton Opted for Sparkly Accessories to See Dear Evan Hansen Tonight [Go Fug Yourself]
- Sarah Hyland Defends ‘Sister’ Ariel Winter’s Modern Family Wrap Party Dress [Celebitchy]
- As Shirtless and Sweaty Tommy Paul [Kenneth in the 212]
- Fleshback: Christopher George [Boy Culture]