Larson explained she was shooting Kong: Skull Island when Marvel got in touch about playing the part of Captain Marvel.
She said she originally thought, Oh, I can’t do that. I have too much anxiety. That’s too much for me. I don’t think I could handle that.
They then called a couple of months later; she politely declined again.
“I’m too much of an introvert. That’s way too big of a thing for me,” she recalled thinking at the time. “It was beyond my comprehension.”
Larson said she eventually had a meeting with them and was “very moved by what they were trying to achieve, with what they were talking about. It felt very progressive.”
“I was very surprised by the way that they were talking about feminism and the way they were handling it,” Larson continued. “They were, like, all female writers. Female director. Going to have as many female voices in this as possible.”
After the meeting, Brie felt excited about Carol’s story and she believed in the role. She recalled standing in her dining room, having a moment of recognition, like, “Oh my god, I’m gonna do this.”
Watch Brie Larson’s Audition Storytime Part 2
- Adam Lambert, Brian Austin Green, Jake Bain, and More Insta Snaps
- Demi Moore to Star in Dirty Diana, Black Widow Postponed, Kim Kardashian Has a Kanye West Exit Plan, Sharon Stone As Samantha on SATC, and More
- Emma Stone and Dave McCary Are Reportedly Married
- Author Emma Isaacs Talks About the Value of ‘Winging It’ and Answers the Socialite Seven
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Urge Americans to ‘Reject Hate Speech’ and to Vote — WATCH
- Chace Crawford Could Have Been a Chippendales Dancer
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ Mariah Carey announces Thanksgiving is canceled. [OMG BLOG]
★ Nearly 400 whales are dead in one of the world’s worst beaching tragedies. [Towleroad]
★ Ellen sees highest premiere ratings since 2016. [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Bumble Bee responds to Trump’s claim about protesters throwing cans of their tuna during protests. [Curt and Frank]
★ Enjoy this Tommy Paul quick-change! [Kenneth in the 212]
★ Katie Holmes really, really, really loves denim. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ Queen Latifah is hosting a benefit for Black and Latinx communities affected by the pandemic. [Celebitchy]
★ Hankison indicted… but not for killing Breonna Taylor; no other cops indicted. [Boy Culture]