Cara Delevingne Comes Out as Pansexual: ‘I Fall in Love With the Person’
Model and actress Cara Delevingne has publicly announced that she identifies as pansexual.
Speaking to Variety, she explained that she has previously avoided using labels to describe her sexuality and gender identity.
“The thing is with me, I change a lot. I feel different all the time. Some days, I feel more womanly. Some days, I feel more like a man.”
As for her sexuality, the 27-year-old said:
“I always will remain, I think, pansexual. However one defines themselves, whether it’s ‘they’ or ‘he’ or -she,’ I fall in love with the person — and that’s that. I’m attracted to the person.”
Delevingne also discussed her struggles she faced growing up as she came to terms with her identity. “I grew up in an old-fashioned, repressed English family,” Cara said. “And I used the word ‘gay’ to describe things which were shit all the time . . . I think that came from the fact that I just didn’t want to admit who I was. I didn’t want to upset my family. I was deeply unhappy and depressed. When you don’t accept a part of yourself or love yourself, it’s like you’re not there, almost.”
READ MORE: Cara Delevingne Drags Justin Bieber for Ranking Her As His Least Favorite of Hailey Baldwin’s Friends
Cara then went on to talk about a crush she had on one of her girl friends as a child and how keeping her own sexual identity to herself contributed to a mental breakdown when she was 15.
“Some days, I feel more womanly. Some days, I feel more like a man,” she said. “I guess I never felt like I belonged anywhere as a kid. Or I always felt like I didn’t belong in my own body. I felt so lost . . . Once I could talk about my sexuality freely, I wasn’t hiding anything anymore.”
Cara’s statement comes shortly after her breakup with Ashley Benson, who she dated for two years.
- Jewel alleges mother Lenedra Carroll ’embezzled’ more than $100 million from her: ‘A complex issue’
- Ivo Buchta: Male Model Spotlight
- Gisele Bundchen addresses ‘hurtful’ speculation about Tom Brady divorce
- Scheana Shay attending Vanderpump Rules reunion IN PERSON despite Raquel Leviss’ restraining order
- Zachary Levi hints that Dwayne Johnson blocked Shazam! Fury of the Gods cameos
- Gwyneth Paltrow accused of having ‘conscious disregard for people’ on first day of ski crash trial
- Nick Lachey Ordered To Attend Anger Management Classes & AA Meetings After Aggressively Approaching Photographer
- Aaron Taylor Johnson, Ryan Faucett, Polo Morin, Colton Underwood, and more Insta Snaps
FEATURED IN THE SL SHOP
DISCLAIMER: We only feature things that we love. If you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.