David Beckham is reportedly moving from the soccer field to the kitchen, as he looks set to land a new Netflix cooking show.
According to Britain’s The Sun newspaper, the star has been inspired by his chef pal Gordon Ramsay to brush up on his culinary skills, and he’s apparently hoping to profit from his newfound hobby.
The soccer legend reportedly wants to make the series with his own production company Studio 99 and has also pitched the idea to BBC and Netflix chiefs, with a source close to the star claiming an unusual birthday gift prompted him to get baking.
Becks has reportedly tested out a few family recipes from home, with plans to pitch a series to a major TV network down the line.
A source told the publication: “One of the unintended benefits of lockdown for David has been the opportunity to do what he loves most – baking.”
“He’s been recreating some of his mum’s old recipes, and got a load of pots and pans for his birthday recently.”
Beckham has been inspired by his chef pal Gordon Ramsay to brush up on his culinary skills, and he’s apparently hoping to profit from his newfound hobby.
David and Gordon, 53, have been longtime friends for years and even considered opening a restaurant together in the past.
The source continued: “He’s seen how well Gordon has done with his own cookery shows and his Studio Ramsay production company, and Gordon’s given him some great advice.”
Launched last summer, David’s production company aims to develop documentaries, TV shows, and also will undertake commercial work as a creative agency.
NEW IN THE SL SHOP
- BEAST 20oz Navy Blue Tumbler – Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Coffee Ice Cup Double Wall Travel Flask
- The Heir Affair (The Royal We Book 2)$12.99
- elago R1 Intelli Case Compatible with Apple TV Siri Remote 4K / 4th / 5th Generation (Black) – Magnet Technology, Shock…$7.99
- Himal Collapsible Portable Corn Hole Boards With 8 Cornhole Bean Bags (3 x 2-feet)$31.99
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead at 87 — Hollywood Pays Tribute
- That ’70’S Show Star Danny Masterson Appears in Court to Be Arraigned on Rape Charges
- Lori Loughlin’s prison sounds nice, Henry Cavill Superman rumors, Tatiana Maslany is She-Hulk, Lady Gaga, Kathy Hilton, Demi Lovato, and More
- Jason Momoa Shares Shirtless Video After Car Breaks Down on Side the Road
- Former OC Star Samaire Armstrong Is a Donald Trump Supporter, Says BLM Is Terrorist Organization
- Fast Times Table Reading: Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston Flirted, Shia LaBeouf Got Stoned
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Reveals the Sex Of Her Baby
- Harry Styles in Talks to Star in ’50s Queer Love Story My Policeman for Amazon
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ Lady Gaga drops a new video for the latest single off of Chromatica, “911.” WATCH! [OMG BLOG]
★ NYU student confronts cops not wearing masks in subway. They respond by calling him “Karen.” WATCH! [Towleroad]
★ Trevor Noah selling Bel Air mansion for $22 million. Take a look inside! [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Jerry Falwell Jr. found drunk and bleeding after falling down the stairs in his home. [Curt and Frank]
★ Andy Murray is open to the renaming Margaret Court Arena, marrying Roger Federer. [Kenneth in the 212]
★ Travel back in time and see the fashion from the ’70s and ’80s Emmy Awards. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ Charlize Theron: “I haven’t dated anybody for over five years” (since Sean Penn). [Celebitchy]
★ You have to check out John Duff‘s “Hokie Pokie” which Is the gay “WAP.” [Boy Culture]
DISCLAIMER: We only feature things that we love. If you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.