The “Sorry Not Sorry” singer, who has some of the most powerful pipes in the industry but has been out of the spotlight since her overdose in 2018, will perform the national anthem prior to the game at Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium on February 2.
“Singing the National Anthem at #SBLIV,” Lovato wrote in her announcement. “See you in Miami.”
Jennifer Lopez and Shakira will handle halftime show duties this year.
A week before the big game, Lovato will give fans a sneak peek at her new music with a performance at the Grammys on Jan. 26.
Lovato has mostly taken a break from the public since focusing on her recovery after reportedly overdosing in July 2018.
The singer, who has spoken about her struggles with an eating disorder, self-mutilation, drugs and alcohol, celebrated six years of sobriety in March 2018. But she relapsed, revealing the news in the song “Sober,” released in June 2018.
From Our Partners
- OMG, He’s Naked: Reality TV Explorer Bear Grylls Shares Full-Frontal Clip! [OMG BLOG]
- Lady Gaga Returns to Pop Roots with ‘Stupid Love,’ Her First Solo Single in Three Years: WATCH [Towleroad]
- Everything Coming to TV and Streaming in March! [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Salma Hayek Looks Dramatic at the Berlin Film Festival [Go Fug Yourself]
- Mark Wahlberg Made the DJ at His Daughter’s Dance Turn Off Explicit Song [Celebitchy]
- Chris Evert Remembers Sister Jeanne in Heartfelt Instagram Post [Kenneth in the 212]
- WIN IT: Matthew Morrison‘s DISNEY DREAMIN’, Plus: A Grand-Prize Pair Of Tickets To His Show! [Boy Culture]