I’m guessing that it is for the best.
“I don’t think we’re less friends because of the Trump thing,” Legend told The Sunday Times of London. Really?
“I just think we’re doing our own thing. He’s up in Wyoming. I’m here in L.A. We’ve both got growing families and I no longer have a formal business relationship with him as an artist, so I think it’s just part of the natural cycle of life.”
The father of two added that he “never talked about politics” before with West.
“Our interaction was almost always about creativity and music,” Legend said. “He’s also in a different place musically. He’s doing gospel music. That’s what he’s focused on right now, designing his clothes, so we’re in different places.”
West, 42, and Legend, 41, have been friends for quite some time, with Legend performing at West’s 2014 to Kim Kardashian. At one point, Legend even dubbed West the “next Stevie Wonder.”
The former friends fell out two years ago over tweets West made in which he publicly declared his support for the controversial US president, which prompted Legend to send some text messages to him to plead that he was too powerful and influential to support Trump and asked him to reconsider.
Legend later said he was “disappointed” in West for his vocal support of Trump, and while he wasn’t going to “disown” him, he did claim they were “never the closest of friends.”
West responded, “I love you John and I appreciate your thoughts. You bringing up my fans or my legacy is a tactic based on fear used to manipulate my free thought.”
- Male Model Monday: Dom Fenison, Jefferson West, Austin Scoggin, and more
- Pink helps dying fan with cancer complete her bucket list
- Chris Hemsworth’s character is alive in Extraction 2 but is very, very cold
- The Week in Drag – Meet the queens of RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 14, celebrate the holidays with BenDeLaCreme and Jinkx Monsoon, tour Scotland with Willam and more
- Meet Instagram Hottie Arthur Nory
- CNN fires Chris Cuomo over his role in brother Andrew Cuomo’s scandal
- Joseph Baena, Colton Haynes, Maluma, and more Insta Snaps
- Aaron Carter claims he’s trapped in his bedroom: ‘My ex will not leave my house’