I’m guessing that it is for the best.
“I don’t think we’re less friends because of the Trump thing,” Legend told The Sunday Times of London. Really?
“I just think we’re doing our own thing. He’s up in Wyoming. I’m here in L.A. We’ve both got growing families and I no longer have a formal business relationship with him as an artist, so I think it’s just part of the natural cycle of life.”
The father of two added that he “never talked about politics” before with West.
“Our interaction was almost always about creativity and music,” Legend said. “He’s also in a different place musically. He’s doing gospel music. That’s what he’s focused on right now, designing his clothes, so we’re in different places.”
West, 42, and Legend, 41, have been friends for quite some time, with Legend performing at West’s 2014 to Kim Kardashian. At one point, Legend even dubbed West the “next Stevie Wonder.”
The former friends fell out two years ago over tweets West made in which he publicly declared his support for the controversial US president, which prompted Legend to send some text messages to him to plead that he was too powerful and influential to support Trump and asked him to reconsider.
Legend later said he was “disappointed” in West for his vocal support of Trump, and while he wasn’t going to “disown” him, he did claim they were “never the closest of friends.”
West responded, “I love you John and I appreciate your thoughts. You bringing up my fans or my legacy is a tactic based on fear used to manipulate my free thought.”
- Boris Kodjoe, Ricky Martin & Jwan Yosef, Joel Kinnaman and More Insta Snaps
- Kesha Performs Her Hits in Your Home with a Virtual Concert
- Stevie Nicks Calls Pandemic a ‘Real American Horror Story’
- Boo-Hoo! Ghislaine Maxwell Is Unhappy in Jail
- Portia de Rossi Gives a Brief Update on How Wife Ellen DeGeneres Is Doing
- The Decorators of Bravo’s Backyard Envy Answer the Socialite Seven
- Angelina Jolie Looking to Remove Judge in Brad Pitt Divorce Case
- Former Celebrity Stylist Tamaran Deems Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Alba & Katherine Heigl the Worst Stars to Work With
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ Airbnb is offering sleepovers at the world’s last Blockbuster store in Bend, Oregon. [OMG BLOG]
★ Mrs. Maisel star Alex Borstein just revealed whether she thinks her character “Susie” is gay. [Towleroad]
★ Bel-Air is a one-hour, dramatic retelling of the beloved ’90s sitcom, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Ricky Martin went through a “grieving process” because he didn’t imagine he’d ever be a father. [Curt and Frank]
★ Liam Broady hoses himself down. [Kenneth in the 212]
★ Has it really only been a year since these sleeves? [Go Fug Yourself]
★ The Duke & Duchess of Sussex have purchased a family home in Santa Barbara. [Celebitchy]
★ Pietro Boselli modeling Petra Design swimwear. [Boy Culture]