A new deepfake video is proving you can’t believe anything you see on the internet once again.
The viral video that has more than 2.7 million views since posting on Friday shows Tom Holland and Robert Downey Jr. starring as Marty McFly and Doc Brown, despite never being in the movie Back to the Future.
Holland, who is only 23 years old, wasn’t even born yet when the Back to the Future series was first released in 1985.
But it’s only their faces. The original actors’ voices remain in the clip.
The viral clip comes from YouTuber EZRyderX47, a digital artist specializing in the creepy technique of deepfake. Essentially, the method involves using high-tech software to replace one person’s face with another’s.
The potential malicious uses of such technology is breathtaking, but EZRyder is currently just using the skill to build followers and have a bit of fun.
From Our Partners
- Britney wishes sons special happy birthday [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Brad Pitt is suing Angelina Jolie over her attempt to sell her half of Miraval [Celebitchy]
- OMG, WATCH: Netflix teases new Britney conservatorship documentary [omgblog]
- John Waters on the Cover of Town & Country Is a Delight [Go Fug Yourself]
- Remembering Labelle Diva Sarah Dash [Boy Culture]
- Who else is up for a game of tennis? [Kenneth in the 212]
FROM OUR PARTNERS
Kim Kardashian has the perfect outfit for the Apocalypse! [Go Fug Yourself]
Why is fatphobia still a thing onscreen? [OMG BLOG]
Sentence [Evil Beet Gossip]
Sentence [Boy Culture]
Sentence [Kenneth in the 212]