Dua Lipa will not succumb to the “sophomore slump.” The Albanian-British pop star has been stepping her game up for the release of her new album, Future Nostalgia.
Following top-notch lead single “Don’t Start Now” and the off-the-walls title track, she’s offering a new cut today called “Physical.”
It’s a vibrant, soaring pop number that doesn’t sample Olivia Newton-John, but would most certainly make her proud.
Future Nostalgia is due out this spring, April 3 to be exact, and Lipa has already announced an international tour in support of the record.
“Physical” was slated to drop tomorrow, January 31, but looks like Dua got a little excited and released it early. All the better for us, listen above.
“What I wanted to do with this album was to break out of my comfort zone and challenge myself to make music that felt like it could sit alongside some of my favorite classic pop songs, whilst still feeling fresh and uniquely mine,” she said.
“…I wanted to make was something that felt nostalgic but had something fresh and futuristic about it too.”
From Our Partners
- OMG, He’s Naked: Reality TV Explorer Bear Grylls Shares Full-Frontal Clip! [OMG BLOG]
- Lady Gaga Returns to Pop Roots with ‘Stupid Love,’ Her First Solo Single in Three Years: WATCH [Towleroad]
- Everything Coming to TV and Streaming in March! [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Salma Hayek Looks Dramatic at the Berlin Film Festival [Go Fug Yourself]
- Mark Wahlberg Made the DJ at His Daughter’s Dance Turn Off Explicit Song [Celebitchy]
- Chris Evert Remembers Sister Jeanne in Heartfelt Instagram Post [Kenneth in the 212]
- WIN IT: Matthew Morrison‘s DISNEY DREAMIN’, Plus: A Grand-Prize Pair Of Tickets To His Show! [Boy Culture]
New in the SL Shop
We only share the stuff that we love. We may earn a small commission if you buy through our links.