Madonna will produce the film with Pascal Pictures’ Amy Pascal. Madonna will not act in the film, but she will lead a search for a young actress who will play her in the formative stages of the pop legend’s career.
“I want to convey the incredible journey that life has taken me on as an artist, a musician, a dancer — a human being, trying to make her way in this world,” Madonna said in a statement.
“The focus of this film will always be music. Music has kept me going and art has kept me alive. There are so many untold and inspiring stories and who better to tell it than me. It’s essential to share the roller coaster ride of my life with my voice and vision.”
“This movie is an absolute labor of love for me,” Pascal said. “I have known Madonna since we made A League of Their Own together, and I can’t imagine anything more thrilling than collaborating with her and Diablo on bringing her true-life story to the big screen with Donna and our partners at Universal.”
Watch Madonna and Diablo share details about the upcoming biopic.
- Matt Bomer, Rome Flynn, Fredrik Eklund and More Insta Snaps
- The Week in Drag – New Music From Trixie and Honey, Meeting the Queens of Drag Race Holland, Jimbo Gets Exposed, and More
- RuPaul Wins 5th Consecutive Outstanding Host Emmy
- Is Tom Hardy the Next James Bond, How to stream Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Cardi B Talks Offset, Peacock coming to Roku, and More
- Dwayne Johnson Rips Down Electric Front Gate With Bare Hands
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead at 87 — Hollywood Pays Tribute
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ Lady Gaga drops a new video for the latest single off of Chromatica, “911.” WATCH! [OMG BLOG]
★ NYU student confronts cops not wearing masks in subway. They respond by calling him “Karen.” WATCH! [Towleroad]
★ Trevor Noah selling Bel Air mansion for $22 million. Take a look inside! [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Jerry Falwell Jr. found drunk and bleeding after falling down the stairs in his home. [Curt and Frank]
★ Andy Murray is open to the renaming Margaret Court Arena, marrying Roger Federer. [Kenneth in the 212]
★ Travel back in time and see the fashion from the ’70s and ’80s Emmy Awards. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ Charlize Theron: “I haven’t dated anybody for over five years” (since Sean Penn). [Celebitchy]
★ You have to check out John Duff‘s “Hokie Pokie” which Is the gay “WAP.” [Boy Culture]