Amid nationwide protests over the death of George Floyd, Rogen took to his Instagram account to post a photo of the Black Lives Matter logo to his 8 million followers. The comedian’s caption reads: “If this is a remotely controversial statement to you, feel free to unfollow me.”
Rogen was among the numerous celebrities who raised awareness about Floyd, a black man who died last week in Minneapolis after a white police officer was filmed kneeling on his neck for nine minutes straight.
Rogen’s caption was a direct criticism of All Lives Matter supporters, many of whom have been speaking out amidst the current protests claiming the Black Lives Matter movement promotes inequality.
The point All Lives Matter supporters miss is that supporting the Black Lives Matter movement does not mean one doesn’t support all lives, it’s just that all lives aren’t in danger and being oppressed like black lives are in this moment and throughout American history.
When commenters began responding with #AllLivesMatter and other criticisms, Rogen went off even more. His responses ranged from “leave me alone” to “$3s^#@” and people were here for it.
“Fuck off. You don’t deserve my movies anymore. Stop watching my shit,” Rogen responded to one user who disparaged the protests.
His responses ranged from “shut the fuckup” to “fuck off,” to “eat shit and fuck you.”
- Male Model Monday: Eian Scully, Tom Walker, Max Hamilton & More
- Meet Instagram Hottie Sam Salter
- Robert Pattinson Attempted to Sneak Off Tenet Set for Batman Audition
- The Week in Drag – Everything’s Coming Up Trixie and Katya, Jaida Essence Hall Gets Grilled, Alexis Mateo Gives Us “Mucho, Mucho Amor” and Mucho More
- Simon Cowell Breaks Back After Fall From Electric Bike
- Nyle DiMarco, Taylor Lautner, Jorge Blanco, and More Insta Snaps
- Nick Cannon Reveals He’s Voting for Kanye West
- Just How Bad Are the Reviews for Shia LaBeouf’s The Tax Collector? Really Bad
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ A man casually walks away as he breaks toes off of the Italian Canova statue in a museum. You gotta watch this! [OMG BLOG]
★ Amid national outcry, administrators reportedly have reversed their decision to suspend a 15-year-old student who shared viral images from inside her reopened Georgia high school this week. [Towleroad]
★ Reese Witherspoon is a meme queen! [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Kylie Minogue has released a video for her new track “Say Something” and it as if Xanadu has been reborn and infused with glitter bombs. [Curt and Frank]
★ Turn it up! 12 Forgotten classics by women-led new wave bands: Offshore edition. [Kenneth in the 212]
★ Zendaya goes for a dramatic “back” statement for InStyle. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ Bella Hadid flipped off some NYPD cops because they weren’t wearing masks. [Celebitchy]
★ If you’re an ass man, you’re in luck! [Boy Culture]