This is The Five, our daily run down five things that we are passionate about, loving, are truly obsessed with, can’t wait for, give us a laugh, are truly inspirational, or are worthy of a little shade.
Today in The Five, we are featuring Bon Appétit‘s Sohla El-Waylly, How Trump Spreads a Lie, AJ Mitchell‘s “Burn,” Tinsley Mortimer says goodbye, and Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist gets renewed!
ONE: Bon Appétit’s Sohla El-Waylly
Bon Appétit‘s assistant food editor Sohla El-Waylly posted in her Instagram Stories that she has been used in Bon Appétit’s popular videos “as a display of diversity,” but, unlike its star cast of white employees, El-Waylly said her on-camera appearances were unpaid.
Double Sohla’s salary right now.
TWO: How Trump Spreads a Lie
THREE: AJ Mitchell — “Burn”
A beautiful song with a beautiful message.
FOUR: Goodbye Tinsley Mortimer
It was a strange and bumpy journey.
FIVE: Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist Is Renewed!
This charming show starring Jane Levy, Skylar Astin, Alex Newell, Lauren Graham, Peter Gallagher, and Mary Steenburgen had fans clamoring for a second season, and thankfully, NBC listened.
- The Friday Cocktail — Tito’s Red, White and Boozy
- Prince Royce Reveals Surprise Coronavirus Diagnosis
- Dean Cain Called Out For Being Completely Wrong About Superman
- Penn Badgley Was Quite Into the Hallucinogenic Drugs in His 20s
- Brie Larson Is Now a YouTuber
- RuPaul Deleted All of Her Social Media Accounts. What’s Up Ru?
- The Five — Maya Moore, Courtney Stodden & Brian Austin Green, Norman Reedus & RuPaul, Steve Nicks, and Tom Hanks
- That Time Sia Stopped Maddie Ziegler From Getting on a Plane With Harvey Weinstein
FROM OUR PARTNERS
★ Looking for a new home? Well, the Towson house from John Waters‘ Serial Mom is up for sale! [OMG BLOG]
★ A Miami-Dade police officer has been “relieved of duty” after a viral video showed him sucker-punching a black woman following a dispute at the airport. [Towleroad]
★ Ozark will be back for one final glorious two-part season! [Evil Beet Gossip]
★ Despite his status as one of the hottest mask-wearers around, NBC News correspondent Morgan Chesky has tested positive for the new coronavirus. [Kenneth in the 212]
★ This is what Angelina Jolie wore 20 years ago at the Mission: Impossible II premiere. [Go Fug Yourself]
★ The six-count indictment against Ghislaine Maxwell includes abuse and exploitation. [Celebitchy]
★ Actor Adam Perry wants to you to take COVID-19 very, very seriously. And he should know being a survivor of the virus. [Boy Culture]