Actor Chris Evans covers the February issue of WIRED magazine and gives the magazine inside look at his new initiative: A Starting Point, which is a platform that aims to give all Americans concise answers on what’s going on in politics through minute-long videos with politicians.
The goal of the project, which is slated to go live next month, is to create informed, responsible, and empathetic citizens, reduce partisanship, and promote respectful discourse at a time when partisan animosity is at an all-time high.
With A Starting Point, Evans personally conducts interviews with politicians across the political spectrum who in turn have free reign to answer questions (from immigration to energy to charter schools) as they please.
A third-party fact-checker will try to determine whether any answers contain falsehoods, which will disqualify them from appearing on the site at all. Evans wants his site to include a diversity of opinion, where a viewer could watch a dozen people answering the same question in different ways.
While working on the project, Evans stated “I sleep, like, an hour a night. I’m in a panic.”
Yikes! Get some sleep, Chris.
Read the full interview at wired.com.
From Our Partners
- Everything Coming to and Leaving Netflix in October 2020
- Carole Baskin DWTS Journey Ends, Chrissy Teigen Health Update, Saved by the Bell Premiere Date, and More
- The Crown Season 4 First Look: Gillian Anderson as Margaret Thatcher and Emma Corrin as Princess Diana
- Naya Rivera’s Sister, Nickayla Rivera, Breaks Her Silence After Report She Moved in With Ryan Dorsey
- Henry Cavill on Playing James Bond: Would ‘Absolutely Jump’ at the Chance
- Sophia Hutchins and Caitlyn Jenner Said to Be in RHOBH Talks