Corden’s recent segment with Justin Bieber had fans up in arms because the stars were being towed by a rig, rather than driving themselves.
Corden addressed the story during his opening monologue for his US talk show The Late Late Show on Wednesday night.
“I’m just shocked I’ve done something that upset people more than Cats,” he said.
“95% of the time I really am endangering the lives of the world’s biggest pop stars,” he continued.
But Corden also explained that “this is a TV show, not everything is real”.
“Our show doesn’t tape after midnight – we tape at 5 pm and pretend that it’s late,” he told the audience.
Corden also admitted that he is “often” at work already and does not need a celebrity lift to get him to the studios.
“I just thought we all knew this and I’m sorry that you were so deep into the reality of Carpool Karaoke,” he said.
“But it’s TV and sometimes we do stuff just for the sake of entertainment. But when it comes to Carpool, with very rare exceptions for safety, I’m driving the car.
“And I want credit for it. Because I was raised driving on a completely different side of the road.”
From Our Partners
- OMG, He’s Naked UHGAIN: Philip From Big Brother: Germany [OMG BLOG]
- Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum Reunite for Global Fashion Competition Making The Cut — TRAILER [Towleroad]
- Pete Davidson Wants to Leave SNL, Cast Ok With That [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Kate Middleton Opted for Sparkly Accessories to See Dear Evan Hansen Tonight [Go Fug Yourself]
- Sarah Hyland Defends ‘Sister’ Ariel Winter’s Modern Family Wrap Party Dress [Celebitchy]
- As Shirtless and Sweaty Tommy Paul [Kenneth in the 212]
- Fleshback: Christopher George [Boy Culture]
On Sale in the SL Shop
We only share the stuff that we love. We may earn a small commission if you buy through our links.