Actress Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, have agreed to plead guilty to charges in the college admissions bribery case and serve prison time, according to court papers filed Thursday.
Loughlin, 55, and Giannulli, 56, had been accused of paying $500,000 to get their two daughters into the University of Southern California as fake crew team recruits. They had pleaded not guilty for more than a year and moved to dismiss charges as recently as two weeks ago.
As part of the plea agreement, Loughlin will be sentenced to two months in prison and Giannulli will be sentenced to five months in prison, subject to the court’s approval, according to authorities.
In addition, Loughlin faces a $150,000 fine, two years of supervised release and 100 hours of community service, and Giannulli faces a $250,000 fine, two years of supervised release and 250 hours of community service.
They are scheduled to plead guilty on Friday at 11:30 a.m., prosecutors said.
Here’s Olivia Jade Giannulli’s fake athletic profile listing her as a champion coxswain
Loughlin will plead guilty to conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud, and Giannulli will plead guilty to conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud and honest services wire and mail fraud. The actress, best known for her role as Aunt Becky on the sitcom Full House, and her husband had previously been charged with three counts of conspiracy.
The plea agreements are a big reversal from even a month ago when Loughlin and Giannulli were still trying to get the case dismissed.
- Lady Gaga’s dog walker Ryan Fischer releases his first statement after being shot
- There is crying in football — WATCH
- Trespasser crashes through gate at Kim Kardashian’s Hidden Hills home
- First look at Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s bombshell Oprah interview — WATCH
- Male Model Monday: Addis Miller, Logan Swiecki-Taylor, Danny Williams, and more
- All of the Golden Globes 2021 winners and highlights — WATCH
- Meet Instagram Hottie Edward Chlerich
- Michael B Jordan and John Boyega and those Superman rumors