Actor Zac Efron was reportedly flown to an Australian hospital after becoming ill in Papua New Guinea.
Reports had cited the illness to be a form of “typhoid or similar bacterial infection,” which, The Sunday Telegraph started worsening, leading to the actor getting flown to Australia on an immediate basis.
Reports revealed the flight that the former Disney star took to Brisbane had reportedly been termed as a “life or death flight.”
After arriving in Brisbane, the actor was moved to St. Andrews War Memorial Hospital where he received treatment for multiple days before he was given the authorization to head back to the US to celebrate Christmas.
He is now said to be in a stable condition, halting the shoot of his show that encircles him embarking on dangerous adventures.
The new show will follow the 32-year-old actor as he heads to the jungle on a remote island for 21 days and will be “off the grid” with nothing but basic gear and a guide partner.
Zac said: “I tend to thrive under extreme circumstances and seek out opportunities that challenge me on every level.
“I am excited to explore any uncharted territory and discover what unexpected adventure awaits!”
The show is set to air on short-form mobile video platform Quibi, which launches in April, and will also include a horror series from Steven Spielberg called Spielberg’s After Dark and reality courtroom show Chrissy’s Court with Chrissy Teigen.
Zac has previous experience in the wild as in 2014, he appeared as a guest on Running Wild with Bear Grylls, where the two jumped out of a helicopter, trudged over rough terrain in the Catskills, and ate an earthworm.
From Our Partners
- Britney wishes sons special happy birthday [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Brad Pitt is suing Angelina Jolie over her attempt to sell her half of Miraval [Celebitchy]
- OMG, WATCH: Netflix teases new Britney conservatorship documentary [omgblog]
- John Waters on the Cover of Town & Country Is a Delight [Go Fug Yourself]
- Remembering Labelle Diva Sarah Dash [Boy Culture]
- Who else is up for a game of tennis? [Kenneth in the 212]
- Harry Styles to release third album ‘imminently’
- Dolly Parton joins TikTok, says ‘It will be okay’
- Matthew McConaughey continues the charade of still mulling running for Texas governor
- R. Kelly found guilty on all counts in racketeering, sex trafficking trial
- Anderson Cooper on why he won’t leave his fortune to his son
- Moulin Rouge!, Aaron Tveit, Adrienne Warren, win big as Tony Awards return to Broadway